Sesame Place Topiaries

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kevin,

Those are nice. Thanks for sharing them with us.

:big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I just find these websites around the internet while surfing the www. I like to post neat things I find, and I thought those were neat.

Wonder if I can order those from Sesame Place? Hmm...Not that I have anyplace to put them, but would be neat to have them.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
The topiaries at Sesame Place are always wonderful! Thanks so much for posting that, because I didn't know that they were done by students. I take pictures of them every summer. I would scan and post, but can't do that here. Let me just say that they are terrific!!!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
I take pictures of them every summer.
I assume you take your daughter.... I may be taking mine this summer. What age would you say is best for the park? It's a big trip for us, so I don't want to do it if she's too young to enjoy it.

Thanks!

CookieFan

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
I assume you take your daughter.... I may be taking mine this summer. What age would you say is best for the park? It's a big trip for us, so I don't want to do it if she's too young to enjoy it.

Thanks!
I was going to ask that question, too!

My daughter will be 2 in July. I'm not sure if I should take her this year or wait until next.

dcfboss

Reaction score
about the rafting elmo one ... never knew elmo had cookie monster's eyes lol

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter

Thanks!
Well... we went the first time when Emileigh was two, and she did enjoy it, but then again, we are only an hour from the park, so we have been there four times since then.

I would say that age four is a good time to visit, still young enough to appreciate the fantasy of it, but old enough to do most everything there. Depending on the height of your child, there may be a few things that he/she is still unable to do at four, but not much at all. The shows and characters are really the main reason we visit, but it is a water park, so you will need to plan out your time.

That said, definately don't go in the summer! It is waaaaay too crowded to enjoy in July and August. I try to go in early June and late September/early October. The past two years it has been warm enough to still do water rides in the fall, but there have been no lines! The last two Octobers several park employees noted that we were there on the best day of the season. To make the most of the characters and shows, it would just be plain nuts to go with the crowds. We went in August once and I will never make that mistake again. Loads of Philly folk go there to cool off, and it just isn't the same experience when it is packed.

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help. I posted some photos of the Countmobile (which was there for a special Halloween event last fall) on TP awhile ago. Seeing that car in person was worth the price of admission right there!

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by CookieFan
I was going to ask that question, too!

My daughter will be 2 in July. I'm not sure if I should take her this year or wait until next.
Wait and go next fall.