1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Place Walk-Around Costume Evolution

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by SSLFan, Jun 13, 2008.

1. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yes. But they didn't look a whole lot different. Not quite the same distinction between an earlier Mickey Mouse Walk a Round, and a more current one. But definately the makings of a walk a round suit have gone through more advancements.

I'd say the Current Grover is similar to the current Grover puppet design, for one. He has the same matted fur.
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Ah, I miss Sesame Place. The only time I ever saw any Honker costumes there was one show that had an orange honker trying to get a picture of a rare butterfly.
  4. WOW, most of those songs were definitely taken and altered from the SSL shows around that time, such as Big Bird's ABC's, and BB's Sesame Street Story. Wonder why, they did this around the mid 90's as well there with the 'Ring around the Fun', and 'You and me at Sesame' Shows

So correct me if I am wrong where all those songs originally came from...

Hello-Big Bird's ABC's
    Me Feel Great-Big Bird's ABC's
    Clap your hands?-? this might be an Sesame Place one?
    C is for Cookie(Camel, Casa, and Cactus)-BB's Sesame Street Story
    Laughter Song-Big Bird's ABC's...def. altered
    Come on and Count-BB's ABC's/Let's Play School
    It's Alright-?
    Ernie's dancing Worm song-?
    On Bert's Farm-Let's Play School

Than two shows in the mid 1990s did something very similar, took and altered alot of songs from mid 80s/early 90s Sesame Street Live tours and combined it into a mini show at Sesame Place, the two shows were 'Ring Around The Fun' and 'You and Me At Sesame'...

If I remember correctly
    'Ring around the Fun' had...
    -Let's Play School(song)
    -Whatta Whatta Name Game
    -Safety Signs
    -Come on and Count
    ...there were a few others I don't recall

'You and me at Sesame' Had....
    -Elmo Can Do That
    -Me Feel Great
    -Hip To Be Square
    ...and others that I don't recall.

I guess those type of shows were chosen and made for budget reasons, and those songs were fun and dancable for the performers, somehow it kind of makes sense.
  5. WOW, most of those songs were definitely taken and altered from the SSL shows around that time, such as Big Bird's ABC's, and BB's Sesame Street Story. Wonder why, they did this around the mid 90's as well there with the 'Ring around the Fun', and 'You and me at Sesame' Shows

So correct me if I am wrong where all those songs originally came from...

Hello-Big Bird's ABC's
    Me Feel Great-Big Bird's ABC's
    Clap your hands?-? this might be an Sesame Place one?
    C is for Cookie(Camel, Casa, and Cactus)-BB's Sesame Street Story
    Laughter Song-Big Bird's ABC's...def. altered
    Come on and Count-BB's ABC's/Let's Play School
    It's Alright-?
    Ernie's dancing Worm song-?
    On Bert's Farm-Let's Play School

Than two shows in the mid 1990s did something very similar, took and altered alot of songs from mid 80s/early 90s Sesame Street Live tours and combined it into a mini show at Sesame Place, the two shows were 'Ring Around The Fun' and 'You and Me At Sesame'...

If I remember correctly
    'Ring around the Fun' had...
    -Let's Play School(song)
    -Whatta Whatta Name Game
    -Safety Signs
    -Come on and Count
    ...there were a few others I don't recall

'You and me at Sesame' Had....
    -Elmo Can Do That
    -Me Feel Great
    -Hip To Be Square
    ...and others that I don't recall.

I guess those type of shows were chosen and made for budget reasons, and those songs were fun and dancable for the performers, somehow it kind of makes sense.
  6. Muppet dude

Muppet dude Active Member

The costumes they have used for Sesame Street Live and Sesame Place haven't changed much in looks since 1980, IMO. But if you wanna see REALLY different-looking costumes, look at the ones they used on the "Holiday on Ice" sketches (Bert dreaming of skating, Big Bird teaches Snuffy how to skate, Bert teaches Betty Lou how to skate, and of course, the ice-skating scene from "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street.")

I'm always interested at seeing how costumed characters change in appearance. The Donald suit the Disney parks use now looks like THIS:
    http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2004/06/09/image622139x.jpg

But when I saw Donald Duck at Disney World back in 2000, his costume looked like THIS:
    http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/6810...FD823EFD41CFD976AA27A77EFF52A284831B75F48EF45

And here's an older Wile E. Coyote costume from a Six Flags theme park, this pic dates back to 1994.
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/ckornack/Six Flags/WileE94.jpg

But NOW we've got THIS:
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e384/ckornack/Six Flags/Wile05.jpg
  7. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

8. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

The old one frightens me :confused:
    The funny thing is other than the skating walking sesame characters I was always scared of all the walk arounds :p
  9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Nevermind
  10. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I thought it looked like Wile E. AFTER he crashed into the ground!
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Wow! That really takes me back, thanks! Hmm...Big Bird seems to have a stiff neck!

I remember seeing one of those live shows a long time ago. The only part I recall distinctly was Bert saying to the audience, "I'm not sure you'll be able to laugh like I do!" Lol :(

So simple and innocent, yet full of heart. Nowadays, that's considered old fashioned. If that's old fashioned, I don't want to be new. ;)
  12. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

It's only thought of as old fashion because our generation and the ones before it were a little better at using our imaginations to make up for the more simple designs ;).
    With all the newer designs and CGI so many levels above what use to look 'cool' to us, it's no wonder it takes so much to draw little ones in now...
  13. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Which is why I fear for things like the Fraggle film, because I think execs may opt to freshen up the premise of the franchise (and by that, I mean do whatever it takes--even if it makes certain people [i.e. fans] mad--to draw in the newer generations).
  14. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

The trouble is one of the things they always seem to change for the sake of cool is a core element of what made the first series or movie work :(. With FR if they change certain elements to make it look perfect a lot of the depth of the rock will be ruined IMHO.
  15. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Same here. I mean, considering the show was in the 80's, the young generation that exists now missed out completely and so, the film may have to backtrack and explain who's who & what's what (like explain each Fraggle's personality & the Fraggle way of understanding the human--excuse me, Silly Creature--world).