Sesame Place

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
I've been there quite a few times. My kids LOVE it. It's only about 45 minutes from my house. I highly recommend it for folks with little ones. (or those with a deep love of SS). I have pictures on my facebook account.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I've always wanted to go to Sesame Place. I'm definately too old for it now, Lol. My cousin may go soon(age 4), since she LOVES Sesame Street.

I always wondered why SP never added more characters besides the 'core' group, like Grundgetta, Roxy Marie, Herry Monster, Guy Smiley, Betty Lou etc. They were all in SSL, why not SP? It would make the park seem more lively and it would have many characters to even have that 'Disney' park sort of feel. I know they had the Honkers around in the park for a while, but I don't know what's become of them, unless they're in storage(you'd be surprised how much stuff they store).
Unless, of course, this all had to deal with $ $ $.

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
The park isn't that big (not NEARLY as big as any of the Disney parks) so they don't need 25 characters. I think they have the ones that the kids know and love and that's all they go for. Around the park on a regular basis they have Super Grover, Oscar, Zoe, Count, Cookie/Telly, Bert/Ernie, and Big Bird/Abby/Elmo all at the picture studio but they allow your own cameras in there. Herry and the others are more adult aimed characters and their focus is on the little ones. In the parade they even add Jackman Wolf, Prairie Dawn, and Hoots. My kids come back from there and talk about the characters they saw and never once asked where someone else was or why so and so wasn't there. Trust me, they love it as is.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I went there once when I was young, it was an okay trip. :stick_out_tongue:

I think I can recall the live show was during the Olympic games type version of the show.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I went to Sesame Place a few times as a kid. It was always a blast, from the moment you crossed the Big Bird bridge, hehe. :wisdom:

I'm slightly afraid to go now, it might be too different. But it was fun while it lasted. :smile: