Sesame Puppets from the 1970's

Graf Zahl

Reaction score
Hi there

I am a muppet puppet collector from Germany near hanover.
I collect the puppets of the early 70's...handpuppets too.

Question: I search pics muppet/ sesame street puppets from the 70's...manufactured by VIGMA and Muppets Inc.

I miss only The Count, Prarie Dawn, anything puppet...last week i sold a guy smiley puppet at ebay USA.

Where are the collectors of these fantastic puppets ?
I search pictures about The Count..not comic pics..like the real puppet from the show...do you have informations ?

Thanks !

Graf Zahl (the German title of "The Count")

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The hard-plastic Count puppet was not released in the USA. (A fabric version was released in the US). He was available in Canada and is a great likeness. However I don't know if the hard-plastic Count puppet was sold in other countries outside of Canada.

Graf Zahl

Reaction score
Hi Phillip

Thanks..I know that The Count was produced in Spain...his neck marked VICMA, Spain.....the same is guy smiley, sherlock hemlock, professor hasting and some other puppets.
This site is great...many informations about the dolls...fantastic...

Maybe there are other collectors of these plactic puppets here ?

thx Graf Zahl

Graf Zahl

Reaction score
Hi

Yes..this puppet is fine...is also sitting in my cabinet...my favorites are guy smiley, Grover (henson one) and professor hasting....
I have only the orange roosevelt franklin...the puppets are very rare here in Germany..you can find often Ernie and Bert..but not the other puppets.
Do you ever seen "Prarie Dawn" looks like a plastic head puppet ? I have a pic from a German friend..in his collection there is Prarie Dawn....very nice and in best conditions.
If you want..I can send a pic.

Thx Graf Zahl

Justin Faulknor

Reaction score
I've got Bert and I think 6 Ernies as well. I've seen pics of Guy, Roosevelt and Prarie, but I don't think I've seen the Count or the Professor. The Grover puppet you mentioned, is this cloth or rubber?

Graf Zahl

Reaction score
Hi,

I have the two Grover plush puppets....one from Henson (namend on the tag inside) and the other from VIGMA,Spain.
The puppets looks very similar but the eye positions and the coat is different...one is more flurry.

The noses are the same...if you see the picture you can see the differences.

Both puppets are plush hand puppets like Fozzy Bear or Kermit from Fisher Price...in the head is plastic and they have rubber noses.
My Henson Grover is from california...I bought it from ebay USA...very expensive add shipping to Germany

thx Graf zahl

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Graf Zahl,

Hi,
I love these puppets! I only have Ernie, Proffesor Hastings and Toccata (Albatros from the French 1 Rue Sesame !), There is also the grouch too, Called Mordicus.

I often wondered if there was Samson and Tiffy, Or maybe some from Barrio Sesamo .

Could you send me an image of Prairie Dawn please?
My email address is Warrick@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks

Whatever

Reaction score
Guten Tag! Wilkommen zu Muppet Central! Letztes Jahr war ich eine Austauschschuelerin in Braunschweig! Ich hab' Deutschland ganz doll lieb und vermisse es, besonders Braunschweig. Hannover hat ein schoenes Bahnhof, leider habe ich ausser dem Bahnhof nichts in Hannover gesehen. Ich weiss nichts ueber die Puppen, hoffentlich finden Sie, was Sie suchen!