Sesame PVC's

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Hey Y'all peoples...

Does anyone know how many different Sesame PVC's are out there an the manufacturers. I have been buying some from the bay and we have a lot but nothing that is too special. Maybe with some help we could get a checklist together for these guys, and have it live here at MC.:rolleyes:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey J.D. Me thinks there was a thread here by a guy named twidddlebug or maybe it was the real Twiddlebug.
Not sure, you might have to do some digging to find it though.

Got a decent sized collection of SS PVC's, though there are a few sublines that aren't complete. There are a few that have meaning to me, like the one of Kermit on his log from Spain.
Hope this helps... Smell ya' later.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I was thinkin about that myself. I was also wounder (for years) why isn't there a section for the toys, lunch boxes, tapes, etc. like there is for Muppets, Fraggles, and Jim Henson's Fantasy movies. Maybe you could send a e-mail to Phill (MC's creator) about it

twidddlebug

Reaction score
Hey guys,,I'm still around,,

to my knowledge,,there are over 400 sesame street pvc figures, that doesnt include bendys, hollow plastic, action figs, or figures in vehicles (or cruddy kurt adler xmas ornaments)
applause made over 150 alone (usually in groups of 6)
the other companies that have made them are..
child guidance, bully, bullyland, comics spain, yolanda, heimo, fisher price, tyco, tara, readers digest young families (rdyf) PLUS they have put them in playsets, and as cake toppers, even 7-11 had a promotional set and McDonalds in Australia put out some and there are 2 sets from holland (that I dont have yet)

GOOD LUCK!!

CoOKiE

Reaction score
You're a God! I've thought about goin into research, but have so many hobbies, i dont have the time to do it... ever. Great work!

Maybe you can Help me. I'm trying to remember each figure in this series (it was int he mid-late 80's and they were in packages of one). I don't know what series it was, but i recall (because i have them) Big Bird is the mail man, Oscar is sweeping with a blue hat, and janitor type brushy broom. Pink Honker with green nose is directing traffic, Telly has a hammer in his left hand (in the air) and a saw in his right (kinda molded to his lef as he holds that down). Count Von Count had ice cream with two scoops, and he was holding his other hand up with two fingers and wore a white johnny rocket's type hat. I believe that Ernie was a fireman in this series... I don't own him and i dont recall who else was in this series. So maybe i could get some help? Who made them, what (if there was a name) was the series called, and who else (dress and doing what) is in this series? I'd assume playschool did it, and (if it was named) People in the naiborhood was its name.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey CoOKie... Check this thread, it has the list twidddlebug compiled.
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?p=392168#post392168

There were nine of those figures with the job-related cardboard housing piece, used to have them all.
There was Bert as a cop, Big Bird as a mailman, The Count as an ice cream vendor with a double scoop cone and showing two fingers on his other hand counting the number of scoops on the cone, Ernie as a firefighter with a 1 on his helmet, Grover as a farmer, The Honker as a crossing guard, Oscar as a janitor, Telly as a construction worker, and I'm blanking on who was the ninth figure in the line. Might be Cookie Monster as a chef, not entirely sure.
Hope this helps.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Nice, thank you so much! I thought Ernie was a fireman. And yes, it was housing cardboard. As i recall, it was a nice background for the PVCs. Thank you for helping me witht he link as well

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Really funny... I just saw the picture for "on Potato" where it says "now playing" on the main page, and theres Ernie as a fire fighter, Cookie as a Chef, and Bert as a cop with a whistle. Its titled "People in our niaborhood"