Sesame Street and the NBA--It's FANtastic!

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone else has posted on this, but there's a new (at least I've never seen it before) NBA commercial featuring a bunch of Sesame characters. It was on during the Soncis-Pistons game on ESPN tonight.

The commercial splices in NBA clips with comments from the Count, Elmo, Super Grover, and a few others. Sadly, I was on the phone so I ddin't catch the dialogue. I'm sure ESPN will replay it throughout the season though.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Cool! I haven't seen that (although I don't watch much ESPN to begin with). I'll have to be on the lookout for it, though.

:smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Saw it during the Mavs-Lakers game as well. It's an awesome spot. We'll have more info on it later today.

Aiya

Reaction score
It was a fantastic spot! I got to see it while flying JetBlue actually. Was watching the Laker/Mavs game at 30,000 feet. It was great to see all those Sesame Street Muppets having some fun with the NBA!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... I just found one reason to love the NBA....

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I wonder if they'll play it on other channels for those of us that are too unfortunate to get ESPN. Maybe, I'll have to watch basketball games more often. :concern:

Amazing Mumford

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I wonder if they'll play it on other channels for those of us that are too unfortunate to get ESPN. Maybe, I'll have to watch basketball games more often. :concern:
Well, the commercial was for the NBA and not ESPN. So, I'm sure they'll play it occasionally during other NBA games. ABC has the broadcast rights and should start airing games on weekends soon and continue throughout the winter/early spring. Keep an eye out for it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Sesame NBA commercial has also been shown on TNT during games. ABC will begin airing NBA games this Thursday, Christmas day. So there is a chance it will show up there as well.