Sesame Street Books and Tapes

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the Sesame Books and Tapes, and Books and Records they used to have? I used to have just about all of them, just to name a few here are the ones I rememeber

Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree
The Count Count's a Party
The Sesame Street Petshow
Oscar's Rotten Birthday
Ernie's Little Lie
Oscar's Alphabet of Trash

Do any of these sound Familiar? I remember at first Fisher Price made them, then when they switched to Tapes it was Golden who made them.

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
There were the 'Sesame Street Annuals' as well. They used to have cartoons and puzzles etc in them. Also a Golden book called "Big Birds book of red" or something like that. And one starring Grover called "the monster at the end of the book". I read that one about a million times when I was in hospital when I was a kid.

Natalie

Reaction score
Yeah, i loved my old SS books and tapes, especially "Cookie Monster and the Cookie Tree", "the Monster at the End of the Book" and the one, i can't remember what it's called, but it has a wanted sign on the front, like "the Great Cookie Thief" or something like that.

I don't know if anyone's interested, but my little brother has most of the new SS videos and has seen like all of them, so if anyone ever has Qs on them, i can probably answer.

Natalie

Reaction score
oh yeah, i loved "Big Bird's Red Book", i had a ton of them. I also got SS magazine when i was little, that was great.

ssetta

Reaction score
I actually get the impression that Sesame Street stopped doing record albums before most people in the music industry did. From what I understand, they actually stopped making records in the 80s. Most people stopped making them in the late 80s-early 90s. I have been curious to why they stopped earlier than most, and they stopped doing singles.