Sesame Street Character Voice Comparisons

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I've heard some Winnie the Pooh voice recordings where they didn't use the usual voice cast. Then there was one with Yogi and Boo Boo where Boo Boo was voiced by June Foray rather than Don Messick and Don was around at the time. The strange things they did with those kinds of records back then. What was going on there is anyone's guess.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is veering very much into off topic territory.

Book and recordings either manage to track down the original voices or they don't. Don't, usually in a case of movies where they'd have to pay celebrities, or in the case of the project just being a cheap merchandising grab. Then there's recordings made in the 60's, where voice actors were actually under contract to certain record labels and couldn't reprise their roles. And for the sake of conversation, the two times I was impressed by them getting the original cast for book and recordings were the rare as heck Legend of Zelda and Dennis the Menace ones using the DIC cast of both shows when they didn't need to. Both can be found on Youtube by looking hard enough.

Anyway, near as I can tell, the first Sesame Book and Recordings used a narrator to cover at least some of the characters to some extent. Never was a fan of that.

Jared DiCarlo

Reaction score
Yeah. I've heard some Winnie the Pooh voice recordings where they didn't use the usual voice cast. Then there was one with Yogi and Boo Boo where Boo Boo was voiced by June Foray rather than Don Messick and Don was around at the time. The strange things they did with those kinds of records back then. What was going on there is anyone's guess.
On that same record is Allan Melvin as Yogi. Even earlier than that are those awful Golden Records albums with Frank Milano and other NYC voice talent.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, that wasn't Daws who voiced him there? I'll have to listen to that one again.