1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Sesame Street Characters on Simpsons-Were you Offended?

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by SamEagle 000, Jun 23, 2003.

1. SamEagle 000 New Member

When I saw the Sesame Street characters on the Simpsons trying to kill Homer I thought it was kind of funny at first but then I got kind of offended. :( The characters were badly drawn and they were trying to Kill Homer. Let me repeat, Kill !
    I couldn't believe it. The characters on Sesame Street would never kill any one. It was all wrong. At one point, Elmo was in Oscar's trash can and Big Bird was flying! Was anyone else offended?
  2. Thog New Member

Nope, I thought it was great. It was only a parody, the Muppets do the same thing.
  3. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Can't be any worse than the Kermit&Piggy on SS deal on Crank Yankers

Actually, a friend of mine designs haunted house attractions and one scene was a badly built, dimly lit SS set, with blood splattered everywhere, and there was green fur hanging out of the trash can and blood splattered on windows, and when the people came by the steps "Bert is Evil" came running down the steps from 123 Sesame Street with a huge blade in his hands. He had bought the head from a costume shop and restored it. The idea came from the "Bert is Evil" website.
  4. Super Scooter New Member

I wasn't offended by The Sesame Street characters on the Simpsons in the least bit. I thought it was great! Like was said, it's a parody. I think we're all old enough to take what we can give out.
  5. Beakie New Member

I wasn't offended by it, the Simpsons does things like that with lots of other characters (and real people), so do lots of other shows, I get used to it, but I didn't really think it was funny either...
  6. crazy ernie New Member

I found that part very funny."Elmo know where you live!" :crazy: :) :zany: :D
  7. janicegroupie New Member

When I first saw it was kind of offended but then when I saw it again I found it pretty funny. I figure the Simpsons are pretty much known for their parodies so I couldn't really find it too offensive anymore. I do think they could have done a better job with the drawings of the characters though.
  8. Thijs Member

well, not all it seems:)
  9. Drtooth Well-Known Member

You kidding? It was satire, not an insult (unlike Crank Spankers or whatever).

I for one loved the Muppet cameois, Which I'll list

A Fish Called Selma (Troy McClure and Piggy and Kermit in the Muppets go midevil)

The one where Krusty dies (David Crosby has a Hand puppet of Kermit, also seen on the cast poster and a new pinbal game)

Trash of the Titans (Oscar pops out of a Garbage can during the musical number)

The one about the PBS pledge drive (just mentioned)

and Moe saves Maggie when he tries to play with Tickle Me Elmo and Elmo slaps him...
  10. Thijs Member

Ehhm, guys, SamEagle 000 is pretty young.
  11. Super Scooter New Member

Yeah, Tommie, I know now.

SamEagle 000, I understand where you're coming from (that a-way? No, that a-way!). It can be upsetting at first, but, I just think of it as picking fun on an old friend. The Simpsons writers are Muppet fans (one of them co-wrote IAVMMCM), and they don't pick on SS anymore than Ernie picks on Bert.

When Elmo says no, Elmo mean no!
  12. SamEagle 000 New Member

I guess your right. :) And yes, I am young. I'm only 11.

Now that I think about it some of the parts were funny. Like, "Elmo know where you live!" :)

Wouldn't The Simpsons have to get permission to do this.
  13. Super Scooter New Member

I believe it falls under some sort of parody laws. So, no they wouldn't NEED it, though it would be nice...

Did Kevin Clash play Elmo? Then it would DEFFENITELY be good.
  14. Ernie101 Active Member

No it was funny!!! Nothing to harm in good ol fun!
  15. Drtooth Well-Known Member

They did have to get Permission for Ren and Stimpy, Archie, and the Flintstones.....
  16. Thijs Member

Yesterday's episode began with a dream of Homer, in wich he was Yogi Bear and Bart, ehhhm, that small bear. I love those parodies.
  17. WiGgY New Member

When I saw the Muppets Go Medevil bit, I thought it was Steve doing Kermit's voice. Then again, many people have their own Kermit so it could have been anyone.

I think to get offended by satire is political correctness gone a muck. These days, people don't usually take jokes as jokes, but instead as an assualt on them in some way. Crazy world.
  18. Crazy Harry New Member

:boo:

(needs to be ten characters long)
  19. sarah_yzma Active Member

I don't watch the Simpson's a whole lot, because they can be funny, but they can also be crude. So if I do catch a funny episode, cool...otherwise oh well....and always remember

imitation is the highest form of flattery.....(or as byron would say)

It is!

Really!

(or something that wastes just as much space) :p
  20. WiGgY New Member

What are you talking about having to be ten characters long?

(Actually I just typed "What?" and saw this new messages saying "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters." which is kind of annoying, but at least I now know what you mean.