Sesame Street Encyclopedia Update

Thijs

Reaction score
Alistair Cookie and Super Grover will not be listed as separate characters in the Sesame Street Encyclopedia. Their descriptions are included in the bio's of Grover and Cookie. Cookie Hood has his own place in the encyclopedia of course.

By the way Count, we've added your name to the "Thanks!" page. Check it out.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah ha! Thank you Tommy! Not rully that bummed that Alistair Cookie and Super Grover won't be added as separate entries in your massive project. Just asking if the forum members out there thought whether or not I should add them as separate entries to my massive Muppets listing. If you've got an opinion on this subject, let me hear it.

Should I add the following:
Alistair Cookie
Dirth Nader
Dr. Bob
The Great Nineteeny.

Or should they be listed like this
Alistair Cookie, from Monsterpiece Theater
Dirth Nader, from Muppet Star Wars
Dr. Bob, from Veterinarian's Hospital
The Great Nineteeny, from Big Bird's magic show.

Or should these names not be added to my master Muppet listings at all? Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks for the help and have a good night.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Maybe you could add a separate listing of recurring roles played by certain characters:

Role----------------Character-------------Sketches
Dr. Bob-------------Rowlf------------------Veterinarian's Hospital
Alistair Cookie----Cookie Monster------Monsterpiece Theater

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's one more for the encyclopedia.

Felix
Performer: (By the voice, I'd say) Jerry Nelson.
Season(s): 31.
Year(s): 2000.
Most Famous Song: "I Love Trash" sung as a duet with Oscar the Grouch. But when Felix sang it, the song was as follows: "Oh I love to Clean! I love to polish and press and perfect things. I love to shine and wash and inspect things."
Description: Though I can't provide a physical description, the character's demeanor was thus.
This character was made to spoof the classic TV show, The Odd Couple staring Jack Clubman and Tony Randall as Felix Unger and Oscar Madison. Felix came to Sesame Street to visit his old roommate, Oscar. However, Felix is a grouch who likes to clean things. The whole episode's plotline revolved around the fight between Oscar and Felix who went to work at cleaning up Oscar's trash can and its contents. In the end, Oscar realized that the two grouches could be friends arguing about leaving the shared trash can messy or clean according to both of their particular living tastes.

Hope this helps.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Since I gaqve the pic of the 2 headed monster to you, I wonder what they're (he?) going to be under.

Will he be under two headed monster or Frank and Stine?

mikealan

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
Here's one more for the encyclopedia.

Felix
Performer: (By the voice, I'd say) Jerry Nelson.
Season(s): 31.
Year(s): 2000.
Most Famous Song: "I Love Trash" sung as a duet with Oscar the Grouch. But when Felix sang it, the song was as follows: "Oh I love to Clean! I love to polish and press and perfect things. I love to shine and wash and inspect things."
Description: Though I can't provide a physical description, the character's demeanor was thus.
This character was made to spoof the classic TV show, The Odd Couple staring Jack Clubman and Tony Randall as Felix Unger and Oscar Madison. Felix came to Sesame Street to visit his old roommate, Oscar. However, Felix is a grouch who likes to clean things. The whole episode's plotline revolved around the fight between Oscar and Felix who went to work at cleaning up Oscar's trash can and its contents. In the end, Oscar realized that the two grouches could be friends arguing about leaving the shared trash can messy or clean according to both of their particular living tastes.

Hope this helps.
Wow! That's the great bio for the character I saw on the Season 31 episode on Noggin last weekend! It was Felix the Grouch. Thanks Count for knowing about him!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Mikealan. Though the reason I saw that episode was because you posted in another thread here that Noggin started showing Season 31 episodes. BTW: Maybe you can answer something I'm hunkering to know more about. Mikealan, you said that there was a counting segment involving mythic creatures/monsters turning themselves into the numbers from 1 to 20 as they counted up to that high number. Could you please elaborate on the particulars of that sketch? Like which mythic creature/monster was used for each of the twenty numbers? Please post your reply either here or in a thread I started called "Help with a Classic Counting Segment." Thanks for the help and have a good day.

Thijs

Reaction score
Thanks for the bio Count. I hope we'll find a picture soon so we can put Felix online.
And Dr. Tooth: we haven't decided yet where the Two Head will be under. What do you think? (thats a question to all of you)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
My opinion is that the character should be listed under the "T's", since the character is best known as the Two-Headed Monster. But you could always have a small explanation saying that the individual heads are named Frank and Stein or Horn and Hardac, according to the information you have from the Sesame Street Unpaved book. Now as to which head has which name, that's a question that we'd all like answered. Hope this helps, and if there's anything else I can do just let me know.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tommie
Thanks for the bio Count. I hope we'll find a picture soon so we can put Felix online.
And Dr. Tooth: we haven't decided yet where the Two Head will be under. What do you think? (thats a question to all of you)
1) maybe, somone with Cable can tape the episode when it airs on Sesame Unpaved.

2) So you are INDEFINATELY going to use the Two headed Monster pic I gave you. Cause I need to know, since my semesters almost up.

Actually, I think it should be Under Two Headed Monster. Count best put it, as he is known best as the two headed monster, like Mahnah Manah would be under Bip Bopadotta, since he is best known as that on Sesame Street.