Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

derpmaster23

Reaction score
I'm generally just interested in this topic, With this being legendary you can see why people are so into this topic. So I haven't done any of that research because I just realized that with me not paying attention on the internet or anything with press releases I just found this http://www.sesameworkshop.org/press-releases/6107 ... So technically speaking since I've seen this I am gonna take a couple steps back with what I know with Shout and how they are very dedicated in releasing older shows and bringing shows from other countries for American fans. I have trust in them with the Sesame Street Brand. I know a lot of people aren't too hopeful with how many seasons there are but we can't let that get the best of us knowing all of the episodes are remastered even if it's behind close doors. They were possibly getting themselves prepared for this possible reality.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I really don't see why Warner Bros can't just release the episode as a special feature on the next Wizard of Oz DVD. Sesame Street has gotten away with stuff much worse than this. The creepiest SS moment I saw as a kid was the scene in Big Bird in Japan where Barkley sees the demon statues :eek:. But there's really nothing we can do about this right now :sigh:.

datman24

Reaction score
I've been following this for a while, and I've come to conclusion that the only way this episode will ever be found is if:

1. Get it through any of Margaret Hamilton's descendants, if any of them might have a copy of the episode on them.

2. Get through someone who was a production member and/or worked with the Children's Television Workshop at the time the episode aired

3. Get lucky enough that you may actually find someone who was fortunate enough to tape the episode when it originally aired. It's not a long shot, this particular episode was highly-promoted in a lot of the newspapers at the time, so someone must have caught wind of it and decided to tape it (and hopefully still has it).

Cookie3001

Reaction score
The only people that I know of who were involved with that episode that are still alive today are Caroll Spinney (Big Bird and Oscar) and Sonia Manzano (Maria). There is a slight chance that Frankie Biodino (the SS cameraman) might have been involved with this episode too. Maybe they could tell us a thing or two about the episode.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I really don't see why Warner Bros can't just release the episode as a special feature on the next Wizard of Oz DVD. Sesame Street has gotten away with stuff much worse than this. The creepiest SS moment I saw as a kid was the scene in Big Bird in Japan where Barkley sees the demon statues :eek:. But there's really nothing we can do about this right now :sigh:.
That would be fine and dandy but Warner Brothers lost distribution rights to Sesame Street and Shout Factory got the rights.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I really wish they took advantage of doing that when they had the rights.

Still, Shout had business deals with Warner in the past - looks like they still are now. But sadly, long as the workshop has a say, it’s off limits.

gravy

Reaction score
I'm sure the only chance would be, at least now, a SW employee secretly sending it to someone.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yoooooooooooo!!!!!!! Between this and the Cracks narrator resurfacing, lost media SS Day!

Edit: Okay, I think they just interviewed Jon Armond, but what a day, lol.

Last edited: