Sesame Street fanfic episode - Les Miserable

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The idea for the first scene was something I've been thinking about for awhile, as "Master of the House" is my favorite Les Mis song. Then, I just made the rest of the episode a Les Mis spoof with my favorite character, Oscar.

SCENE 1: Big Bird and Telly welcome the viewer, stating they will be demonstrating “in” and “out.” Big Bird sings “Monster in the House” (spoofing “Master of the House” from Les Mis) as Telly rushes in and out of 123 Sesame Street, Oscar’s can and Big Bird’s nest. An exhausted Telly latches onto Big Bird, who wants to show "on" by singing “Monster on a Cloud.” Telly falls to the pavement instead.
  • Cartoon: “In and Out Crowd”
  • Film: A boy hangs out with his Jewish friend.
  • “A Song from Kermit”
  • Cartoon: Stars make an I/i
  • Film: Is fly by as Ivy Austin sings
  • Cartoon: Sand I/i
SCENE 2: Gina finds Oscar is about to direct a new Grouch movie, Les Miserable, and is awaiting the star, Rotten DeNiro. When he arrives, Oscar is ready to start filming, but Rotten instead goes to makeup to make himself look more repulsive.
  • Cartoon: An actor demonstrates anger
  • Ernie tries to get Bert to play his feelings game
  • Cartoon: Counting to 10 while passing a basketball
  • Film: A girl talks about playing basketball
  • Cartoon: Kids named Joe play different sports
  • An Anything Muppet woman sings about “Near and Far”
  • Cartoon: A girl follows bird tracks near and far
SCENE 3: Oscar is ready to begin filming again, but now, Rotten tries to find the right costume for the scene. None of the outfits suit him, so he decides to sit in his trailer until they get something to his liking. Oscar points out he has no trailer, so he stays himself in Oscar’s can, to his anger.
  • Song: “Dressed Up”
  • Cartoon: A boy counts 8 sheep
  • The Rainbow Fish looks for 8s under the sea
  • Film: 8 kids dance in 8 squares
  • Animation: Cecille sings “The Game of Make Believe”
SCENE 4: Oscar and Rotten start having a dispute over filming. Gina comes by and points out they have to the un-Grouchy thing: cooperate. Both of them would like to get the movie done and put aside their differences and...*shudder* cooperate.
  • Cartoon: “Cooperation” song
  • Film: Great Moments at the Sink - Brushing Teeth
  • Cartoon: Where the water in the sink comes from
  • “Home to Me”
  • Cartoon: A report on homes around the world
  • Ruthie tells the story of “Flo Beep” and her sheep beeper
  • Cartoon: Is no one afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
  • Song: “No Matter What”
  • Cartoon: Pencil Box I/i
  • Monsterpiece Theater: The King and I
  • Cartoon: Typewriter - I for Ink
  • Film: African dance class
  • Cartoon: A pencil tries to write DANCE
SCENE 5: Oscar gathers everyone around for the premiere of the movie. In the film, Rotten DeNiro sings a Grouchy interpretation of “I Dreamed a Dream.” Everyone cheers, which means Oscar and Rotten have to shelve the movie. Gina announces the sponsors.

cjd874

Reaction score
Any idea who Rotten DeNiro would be played by? A human guest star or a Muppet? Which season would this episode be from?
And this is just my opinion, but I think the episode could use more Muppet segments in between each scene. But other than that, it's very original. I like it!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Any idea who Rotten DeNiro would be played by? A human guest star or a Muppet? Which season would this episode be from?
And this is just my opinion, but I think the episode could use more Muppet segments in between each scene. But other than that, it's very original. I like it!
Probably Marty, since he'd be there for Telly's scene. I don't know what season; after 25, they're all pretty much the same.

30-ish inserts is usually the average they have, and Six Muppet segments is also the average; basically three per every half-hour. Unlike minormuppetz, who uses probably more inserts than the should could hold, I try to be more realistic and follow the rules the writers would, where the segment breaks could be no more than 12 1/2 minutes, and about 2 minutes between each Muppet segment.