Sesame Street in Different Languages

dinoboy

Reaction score
Sometimes in the weekend mornings, I watch Plaza Sesamo, and although I don't speak spanish, I watch it like I know and understand what they're all saying. Sure they have a gaint 7 ft green parrot, Pancho and his elephante (Pancho Vision). Sometimes they speak spanish very quickly, and with the Spanish I've learned on Sesame Street, I just barely make it by to what the kids are saying. The characters are all funny, and they play classic Sesame Street clips in Spanish. One time I saw them air the Letter M animated short as you hear an old time music box playing in the background, and an organ grinder and his monkey talk in espanol on words that begin with M.
I remember seeing samples of what Sesame Street is like in other countries, and how their characters have changed. In Poland or Egypt SS , they have a giant puppet character resembling a similarity to Quetzel from Dragontales. And I can't help it enjoying hearing the kids from Germany singing their version of the Sesame Strause. theme song. At times I remember watching Shalom Sesame, and the monster muppets gobbling up the Hebrew letters to make them look like another letter.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

It turns out that the Shalom Sesame theme song from 1986 is an INSTRUMENTAL version of the original Rechov Sumsum theme!