Sesame Street in the UK?

abiraniriba

Reaction score
tongue in cheek

It was not a temper tantrum so quit it.
I was having fun and quoting the comedy movie "King Ralph." As most everyone who has read the majority of my posts knows I am a very patriotic American :attitude: As for the laguage changes that have occured over time I really have no problem with most of them, in fact the only time I use British English is when I am quoting the Old King James Bible or an occasional profanity. I have run into a few problems involving plural and singular you's which have made me want to return to thou, but other than that I have no problems.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
apology accepted

In the movie "King Ralph" John Goodman plays an American named Ralph who has some illegitimate ties to the royal family of England. The royal family is sitting for a family portrait when a freak accident occurs involving the camera and they are all killed instantly. England needs a ruler. A search is made and Ralph is discovered. He is brought across the pond and given a crash course in his family history and in English history. While walking through Buckingham Palace Ralph passes by a portrait of King George III his tutor (who later on turns out to be his half brother) explains to him who he is says that Ralph has George's chin and goes on to refer to the American Revolution as a little temper tantrum. Ralph responds by saying that we "kicked your ***." (Spoiler warning) In the end Ralph realizes that he is not really fit to be King of England, he is after all American and he prefers the democratic way of life to being chosen to lead by ancestry. He does some family tree tracing of his own and discovers that his tutor and royal advisor is his half brother and therfore has just as much right to the throne as he does, so he abdicates his throne, gives it to his brother and returns to America.

Personal info: my middle name is Lancaster and I am illegitimately connected to the house of Lancaster in England.:smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was having fun and quoting the comedy movie "King Ralph." As most everyone who has read the majority of my posts knows I am a very patriotic American :attitude: As for the laguage changes that have occured over time I really have no problem with most of them, in fact the only time I use British English is when I am quoting the Old King James Bible or an occasional profanity. I have run into a few problems involving plural and singular you's which have made me want to return to thou, but other than that I have no problems.
On occasion, I have thought of spelling Color with a "U", as an homage to the Brits... but then I thought of Madonna trying to Brittish, and I decided not to.

Most of my favorite stuff comes from 3 places... The US, England (Monty Python, Mr. bean, their candy bars) and Japan (Kinnikuman and One Piece especially).

But haven't they thought of NOT using letter segments from the US, and making their own or something? What we need is a British co-production... that's what.