Sesame Street is the root of all evil

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think he was looking a little to in to that story line. I mean they were just trying to teach the kids that taking things that don't belong to you in wrong, what's the matter with that. It sounds moral to me.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
I think he was looking a little to in to that story line. I mean they were just trying to teach the kids that taking things that don't belong to you in wrong, what's the matter with that. It sounds moral to me.

Me too. Also, it seems he missed or left out a lot of important information from that storyline about how people were falsly accusing Cookie Monster of stealing when it was actually Cookie Hood unintentionally causing harm. There was more than one moral.

zanimum

Reaction score
BEAR said:
The only Black woman currently on the show is Susan and she wasn't in the episode. Maria and Gordon were the two human cast members there and Maria is Hispanic.
Whoops, I meant I thought she wasn't in the episode.

Medbe Monster

Reaction score
BEAR said:
The only Black woman currently on the show is Susan and she wasn't in the episode. Maria and Gordon were the two human cast members there and Maria is Hispanic.
Gordon's sister Olivia was black

BEAR

Reaction score
Medbe Monster said:
Gordon's sister Olivia was black

Yes, she is, but I said "currently on the show" when this particular episode was made.

By the way, welcome to the MC forums, Medbe Monster.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's what I have to say about it. I'm semi-liberal myself, and I can't stand when people like that are how anyone sees a Liberal. You know, crazy conspiracy theory nuts, like that.

But besides the point. Yes, I think the greed of our society is out of control, but I don't think Communism will help anything. I feel that the rich are too rich and the poor are too poor, and it is in the duty of the rich to help the poor out. but otherwise, this guy's a quack! A nut!

I mean, there is stealing a loaf of bread to feed a starving family, and there's stealing someone's favorite toy because he wants it more. Stealing isn't a black and white issue, but this dude misses the point entirely. SS is trying to curb little kids from stuffing YUGIOH cards into their pockets because mommy won't buy them.

Plus the episode comments on giving people the benifit of the doubt, and not prosecuting them for what they didn't do.

BEAR

Reaction score
The point is, this guy found one side of the moral and he didn't even get all his facts straight to begin with.