Sesame Street launches Afghanistan show!

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Why do I get the bad feeling about this....:frown:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Why do you get a bad feeling about it?

I've always LOVED the way that they develop the programs to meet the needs of the people in the countries they are designed for. I wonder if Noel Macneal was involved with the set up and training for this one.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Why do you get a bad feeling about it?

I've always LOVED the way that they develop the programs to meet the needs of the people in the countries they are designed for. I wonder if Noel Macneal was involved with the set up and training for this one.
I mean given the whole...background of Afghanistan and the war and how the media in America claims it...or slanders it in some way...that's the bad feeling I'm getting with this idea. :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh... they set up shop in worse locations. I thought they already had their own show, which was a dub of the Egyptian one. Nice to see SW is still continuing to spread peace and joy in horrible, war ravaged areas of the world. That's the most important thing they do, and the closest to Jim Henson's intentions. But you know political hacks here and there will rip this apart. I betchya some militants will be up in arms that an American show is teaching kids peace, love, and respect, while continuing to think they work for God by blowing everyone up and beating their women for looking at someone in the eye.