1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Street Live: Can't Stop Singing

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by StarrFilter, Apr 22, 2012.

1. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

After 3 seasons of remounting old shows, VEE Corp is FINALLY producing a new one for the 2012-2013 season. It's tentatively called "Can't Stop Singing". I think it's interesting that this show is about Singing, when the last one was about... Music... we'll see.

So excited it's a new show though! Hopefully it's just as good as the others

And I'm a fan of the red guy, but I LOVE that the title doesn't have Elmo's name in it, like the last 6 shows have had :)
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the news. It will be interesting to see what songs are included. Hopefully, there are a few rarely heard classics in the line-up.
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It sounds like it's a stage show version of the season 41 episode "Music Magic."
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm sure if the ticket sales are low enough, they'll call it "Elmo can't Stop Singing." :electric:

Actually... that makes perfect sense. They could just rewrite the thing to feature new humans specific to the show. I wonder if we're going to get any licensed actual songs in it as well, like they had Disco Duck in whatever one that had it.
  5. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

:):):):)
    Thanks for the news. Can't wait to see more of this.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yaay, a new Sesame Street Live show! And I love music! And singing! So it sounds great! I just hope it comes somewhere close to me.
  7. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

Here's the synopsis of the show (which is basically the same as Season 41's "Music Magic"):

When Elmo gets his furry fingers on Abby Cadabby's magic wand, there's something in the air - and Sesame Street becomes a nonstop, all-singing, all-dancing musical montage! Grover and Baby Bear sing their highs and lows, Cookie Monster sings fast and slow, Bert and Ernie converse in song and Murray makes mouth music for all to sing along! Learn why it feels good to sing a song, but why it feels good to stop, too! What will Elmo learn about the power of musical magic? Join the conga line of fun to find out!
  8. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Awsome Murray's in this show! It's about time. And i like the story, just nice & simple. IF they do this right, this could very well look like an homage to classic SSL. One question - is Big Bird in this show? I hate when he's not mentioned in the press release of the story Lol. And what about Telly? Also, is the cast still 13?
  9. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

I was wondering the same things. From the show blurb, you can tell that Elmo, Abby, Murray, Grover, Baby Bear, Bert, Ernie, Cookie and possibly Rosita are featured. That's 9 characters, which leaves 1 or 2 main characters, plus 3 understudy characters. Of course, there will be the usual split casting (i.e. Cookie/Count, Baby Bear/Oscar maybe???). But seeing as how the show seems very boy heavy already, I can't see how they would manage the feature all the usuals like Big Bird, Telly, Count AND Oscar.... And then there's poor Zoe who keeps getting replaced by Abby... I guess we'll just have to wait and see :confused:
  10. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's quite sad what's happened to Zoe in recent years, both on stage and on the actual tv show. Abby's cute, but I LOVE Zoe, she's from my generation after all. :D

But yeah, I hope Telly's featured. I won't even second guess Big Bird being in it or not, I mean...what's Sesame Street LIVE without the Bird? Question is will he be featured a lot in the storyline, Lol.
  11. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Potential Cast List?

Just was wondering...

Elmo
    Abby
    Big Bird
    Bert
    Ernie
    Grover/Oscar
    Cookie/Count
    Murray
    Telly
    Rosita
    Baby Bear
    Honker (tall u/s)
    Grundgetta(medium u/s)
    Zoe(small u/s)
  12. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Okay...I just learned that HOOTS THE OWL will be in this show! This is sooooo awsome!!!!!!:excited:
    Muppetboy09 and Phillip like this.
  13. catherine

catherine Active Member

ooh that sounds like great fun, hope they bring it to the uk and by the way, I love bert and ernie. Oscar the grouch was another fav of mine.
  14. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

I'm getting really excited about this show. It looks live VEE will be using traditional backdrops again. I LOVE that they've gone back to that. With that news, the surprise return of Hoots, Murray making his official stage debut, and the title not having Elmo's name it, the show proves to be a real treat! :super:
  15. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

My daughter is so excited that Murray is in this show..He is her favorite sesame street character .Going to buy tickets tomorrow (show is November here...but we want good seats.
  16. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Man, another repeat in a new format, if you get the idea.

Still, it felt like Elmo's Green Thumb was the first original Sesame Street live show in a longtime. :(
  17. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but this one seems very promising! Having Hoots the Owl in it makes it a winner for me!

And yeah, EGT was definately it's own show, with the 3-stage and "eco-themed" stage design. I thought it was cute, but I'm hoping CSS goes with the basic SSL formula. :wisdom:
  18. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

No humans please...my favorite shows are ones with just the muppets..the human lead always seems forced
    SSLFan likes this.
  19. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

Yep, no humans in this one. SSL Fan, how/where'd you hear about Hoots!? :confused::wisdom:
  20. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Sesame Street Live's Facebook page. :)