Sesame Street Live: Can't Stop Singing

StarrFilter

Reaction score
After 3 seasons of remounting old shows, VEE Corp is FINALLY producing a new one for the 2012-2013 season. It's tentatively called "Can't Stop Singing". I think it's interesting that this show is about Singing, when the last one was about... Music... we'll see.

So excited it's a new show though! Hopefully it's just as good as the others

And I'm a fan of the red guy, but I LOVE that the title doesn't have Elmo's name in it, like the last 6 shows have had :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the news. It will be interesting to see what songs are included. Hopefully, there are a few rarely heard classics in the line-up.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It sounds like it's a stage show version of the season 41 episode "Music Magic."

Drtooth

Reaction score
After 3 seasons of remounting old shows, VEE Corp is FINALLY producing a new one for the 2012-2013 season. It's tentatively called "Can't Stop Singing". I think it's interesting that this show is about Singing, when the last one was about... Music... we'll see.

So excited it's a new show though! Hopefully it's just as good as the others

And I'm a fan of the red guy, but I LOVE that the title doesn't have Elmo's name in it, like the last 6 shows have had :smile:
I'm sure if the ticket sales are low enough, they'll call it "Elmo can't Stop Singing." :electric:

It sounds like it's a stage show version of the season 41 episode "Music Magic."
Actually... that makes perfect sense. They could just rewrite the thing to feature new humans specific to the show. I wonder if we're going to get any licensed actual songs in it as well, like they had Disco Duck in whatever one that had it.

SSLFan

Reaction score
:smile::smile::smile::smile:
Thanks for the news. Can't wait to see more of this.

Hubert

Reaction score
Yaay, a new Sesame Street Live show! And I love music! And singing! So it sounds great! I just hope it comes somewhere close to me.

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Here's the synopsis of the show (which is basically the same as Season 41's "Music Magic"):

When Elmo gets his furry fingers on Abby Cadabby's magic wand, there's something in the air - and Sesame Street becomes a nonstop, all-singing, all-dancing musical montage! Grover and Baby Bear sing their highs and lows, Cookie Monster sings fast and slow, Bert and Ernie converse in song and Murray makes mouth music for all to sing along! Learn why it feels good to sing a song, but why it feels good to stop, too! What will Elmo learn about the power of musical magic? Join the conga line of fun to find out!

SSLFan

Reaction score
Awsome Murray's in this show! It's about time. And i like the story, just nice & simple. IF they do this right, this could very well look like an homage to classic SSL. One question - is Big Bird in this show? I hate when he's not mentioned in the press release of the story Lol. And what about Telly? Also, is the cast still 13?

StarrFilter

Reaction score
I was wondering the same things. From the show blurb, you can tell that Elmo, Abby, Murray, Grover, Baby Bear, Bert, Ernie, Cookie and possibly Rosita are featured. That's 9 characters, which leaves 1 or 2 main characters, plus 3 understudy characters. Of course, there will be the usual split casting (i.e. Cookie/Count, Baby Bear/Oscar maybe???). But seeing as how the show seems very boy heavy already, I can't see how they would manage the feature all the usuals like Big Bird, Telly, Count AND Oscar.... And then there's poor Zoe who keeps getting replaced by Abby... I guess we'll just have to wait and see :confused:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Yeah, it's quite sad what's happened to Zoe in recent years, both on stage and on the actual tv show. Abby's cute, but I LOVE Zoe, she's from my generation after all. :big_grin:

But yeah, I hope Telly's featured. I won't even second guess Big Bird being in it or not, I mean...what's Sesame Street LIVE without the Bird? Question is will he be featured a lot in the storyline, Lol.