Sesame Street Live Guide - '80-'05...

AAO

Reaction score
I've got a lot of programs from past Sesame Street Live Shows....I've been gone to New York for the Muppet Auditions thing and got with Sesame Street thanks to Kevin Clash (Elmo) and I'm very sorry about not scanning those pics! Hopefully someone will be able to scan some pics on here soon!

AAO

Reaction score
Okay! seriously, no hurry...just take your time....i really do appreciate it...

BEAR

Reaction score
I dunno if I have ever seen Sesame Street Live. For some reason I think I saw it when I was a little kid. How long has the show been going on for?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Its still going on just new stories. I have one from last year that I went to with the nieces.

Erine81981

Reaction score

minor muppetz

Reaction score
stuie

Was stuie Monster a regular character or was he only used in that Sesame Street Live show?

I wonder how the two-headed monster would have been performed on Sesame Street Live.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
interesting

I would like to make some observations about the program for the one posted.

It is odd that Louise Gold performed in this. Were the voices recorded in england, or was Jim henson able to get her to america and record the voices (or could Jim Henson have sent her a special recording device to record lines, similar to how Maggie Roswell records voices on The Simpsons these days)?

There is a character called Granny. is this Grannie Fannie nestlerode or a different grannie? If it is a different one, then I was surprised to see that she was voiced by Kathy Mullen. I thought Jim Henson performed her.

According to the performer credits, Gladys was in this show, but all pictures from the book I saw had a different cow.

I liked the live action pictures, but am disapointed that they didn't show pictures of the walk-around Two-Headed Monster, Fred The Wonder Horse, or Gladys. It would be interesting to see how they were performed on Sesame Street Live. i would have also liked to have seen the walk-around Simon Soundman and Herry Monster.

I didn't know that there was an Electric Company magazine. How long did that last?

I thought the biographies were cool, even for the ones that weren't about people who are heavily involved with Sesame Street or The Muppets.

It's interesting that in Jim Hensosn biography, it list several variety shows and specials that the muppets appeared in before it talks about the creation of Sesame Street, because one of those specials lsited was Julie On Sesame Street. Also, when I saw the list of Muppet specials in Jim Hensons bio, I thought that Sex And Violence was purposely left out (because it wouldn't be good for a Sesame Street book to have the word "Sex" listed), but then I saw it mentioned in another biography in the program.

Finally, I would like to mention that in some scans, the very side of the page is cut off, so some things are hard to read.

AAO

Reaction score
Well.....I appreciate you scanning this Ernie 81981...VERY COOL! THANKS!!!

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
WOW. I had no idea you could do this!

Is there a chance you can contribute to the "Online Muppet Book" guide? :excited: