Sesame Street Live Memories

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't remember much about ABC's beyond that I saw it, I remember more about When I Grow Up. Sorry I can't be of more help!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
SesameStreetGuy said:
Could have been named DJ, but I kinda remember it was Tee-Hee, I'm not sure hmm.
I remember seeing two different shows in a row (two years in a row, that is) that featured Tee-Hee, and I remember the secodn one having another alien-like character who I think might have been a friend or relative of Tee-Hee. Maybe that's where the confusion comes from.

AAO

Reaction score
I know what you're looking for!

Hey you guys! If you want to know more about the Sesame Street Live show with Tee-Hee and then the second one - find the forum that's titled: "Sesame Street Live Guide" - it's got all the shows from 1980-2005... Some of them have summaries and some do not! I've got the programs 2 a lot of those shows and I'm planning to scan them and post them....so check out that forum and leave me a post! :smile:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Ah, The Memories...

My first time posting in this thread! Yay!:big_grin:

Anyways, my very first SSL show was 1-2-3...Imagine! I remember seeing the commercial promo for the show at my grandma's house, and wanted to go sooo bad. While I have very little memories, I do remember watching Big Bird onstage, getting a Big Bird flashlight, and seeing Ernie perform his song "I Don't Want To Live On The Moon"(which is why it is one of my favorite Ernie songs.

My next show was Elmo's Coloring Book. While Big Bird was officialy my favorite SS charcter, this year I began to develop a thing for Elmo also. I remember alot from this show. Such scenes as the mama dinosaur coming onstage, nothing showing but two of her feet and her head looking down at the rest of the gang; I remember that annoying(at the time) blue palette who would every now and then tell the audience to laugh to fire up Proffesor Art's machine; Oscar's Junkyard scene; Oscar turning white and color disapearing from S.S.; the polar bear who took all the colors; Big Bird's yellow song; I remember buying an Elmo figurine, a blue t-shirt with Elmo and the SSL logo on it, the program(of course),an Elmo flashlight, and some SSL crayons. Ah..good times.

When I Grow Up, which I consider to be my favorite show of all time, is a show I saw twice! Once with my classmates and the other with my mom, aunt, and cousin. This is the first show which I was introduced to Prarrie Dawn and Grover(who previously in other shows did not speak or appear). Also, I developed a love for Roxy Marie, for some reason. I loved the song, When I Grow Up, it just haves that sort of special feel to it. :sing:..."When I Grow Up, I want to be, part of this great family, Across the lands, Across the seas, When I Grow Up!" I remember when the muppets came out into the audience, Prarrie Dawn came over to where we were sitting, and I was scared out of my mind! That gal was so big! She sort of "apologized" for scaring me though. My fav scene would be Roxy Marie's Train and when the gang sang "Just One Person" to Big Bird. *So Cute* I remember getting the WIGU program, a stuffed Big Bird plush, a SSL pennant, and an Elmo flashlight.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Ah, The Memories...

Anyways, my very first SSL show was 1-2-3...Imagine! I remember seeing the commercial promo for the show at my grandma's house, and wanted to go sooo bad. While I have very little memories, I do remember watching Big Bird onstage, getting a Big Bird flashlight, and seeing Ernie perform his song "I Don't Want To Live On The Moon"(which is why it is one of my favorite Ernie songs.

My next show was Elmo's Coloring Book. While Big Bird was officialy my favorite SS charcter, this year I began to develop a thing for Elmo also. I remember alot from this show. Such scenes as the mama dinosaur coming onstage, nothing showing but two of her feet and her head looking down at the rest of the gang; I remember that annoying(at the time) blue palette who would every now and then tell the audience to laugh to fire up Proffesor Art's machine; Oscar's Junkyard scene; Oscar turning white and color disapearing from S.S.; the polar bear who took all the colors; Big Bird's yellow song; I remember buying an Elmo figurine, a blue t-shirt with Elmo and the SSL logo on it, the program(of course),an Elmo flashlight, and some SSL crayons. Ah..good times.

When I Grow Up, which I consider to be my favorite show of all time, is a show I saw twice! Once with my classmates and the other with my mom, aunt, and cousin. This is the first show which I was introduced to Prarrie Dawn and Grover(who previously in other shows did not speak or appear). Also, I developed a love for Roxy Marie, for some reason. I loved the song, When I Grow Up, it just haves that sort of special feel to it. :sing:..."When I Grow Up, I want to be, part of this great family, Across the lands, Across the seas, When I Grow Up!" I remember when the muppets came out into the audience, Prarrie Dawn came over to where we were sitting, and I was scared out of my mind! That gal was so big! She sort of "apologized" for scaring me though. My fav scene would be Roxy Marie's Train and when the gang sang "Just One Person" to Big Bird. *So Cute* I remember getting the WIGU program, a stuffed Big Bird plush, a SSL pennant, and an Elmo flashlight.

Big Bird's Sunny Day Campout was the first time I sat in front row at a show. We were on the left side of the stage, which is where Snuffy was ALWAYS at! I remember that at one point in the show, Snuffy swung his trunk so close he almost hit my friend! LOL. I also remember my mom taking a picture of The Count, and him jumping back afterwards! He then "told" Big Bird what was going on. Oh, and did I mention during the intermission, a 2-year old girl walked up on stage about to touch the hot stagelight! It's a good thing that

SSLFan

Reaction score
Ah, The Memories...

Big Bird's Sunny Day Campout was the first time I sat in front row at a show. We were on the left side of the stage, which is where Snuffy was ALWAYS at! I remember that at one point in the show, Snuffy swung his trunk so close he almost hit my friend! LOL. I also remember my mom taking a picture of The Count, and him jumping back afterwards! He then "told" Big Bird what was going on. Oh, and did I mention during the intermission, a 2-year old girl walked up on stage about to touch the hot stagelight! It's a good thing that the security lady stopped her! Unlike the previous shows, the advantage of sitting in the first row is being able to see backstage. Although I never saw it, my mom says she saw either the Ernie or Elmo performer take the head off! OMG! HEHE. Man, there's so many memories from this show, it's too much to type. Well, I'll tell what I got. I remember getting the show program, another Elmo flashlight,an Elmo plush, and a pennant.

Let's Be Friends had sooo many muppets in it! Well, except Grover, but it was such a great show! Although I was saddend about the lack of Snuffy, this show had great songs and was the first time I got a soundtrack of SSL. I also got the show program, and a figurine set that had BB, Elmo, Zoe, Super Grover, Bert, Ernie, Cookie, and even Barkley and Baby Natasha! This would probbably be my last favorite SSL show, even though such others like Super Grover! Ready for Action and Out of This World also seemed pretty good.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
One of the tings is remember is from "When I Grow Up". It had Oscar singing "The Itsy, Bitsy Spider" with Elmo, Telly, Grover and others and Grudgetta came in with a fake spider on a string and scared everyone, even Oscar, away.

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
Yeah I do remember that happaning as well, Grudgetta did bring out the spider in the original version...now the new version I saw a video and the spider is hung from like a cealing and dropped down.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Could you post a link to the video?

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
The video is actually on a facebook group...don't know if I could post it on here unless you have acess facebook.