1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Street LP's

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Erine81981, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I know that this site had been put on here but I can't find it or I've looked for it on other sites.

Its the one where it shows most of the SS records LPs. Could some one help me?
  2. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

3. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Thanks you very much but isn't there one that shows what the album looks like on the cover?
  4. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

It's the same site, but something seems to happened to all of the picture album files. :confused: What happened?
  5. Rooseveltcountz

Rooseveltcountz New Member

Sesame Street "Impostor" Albums

Hi guys....

Just joined the Forum today..I'm an avid E-bayer and Sesame Street Classic fan, and I would like to talk with others who own some of the "impostor" Sesame Street albums released in the 1970s on the Peter Pan, Golden and Walt Disney labels... I recently bid on an album called "Songs from Sesame Street" which ironically enough contained songs that (to my recollection) NEVER appeared on the show ("Spinning Wheel", "Good Morning Starshine", "Yellow Submarine"..) The cover featured a weird generic-looking puppet and kids jumping rope on a city street at night...It was so weird I had to have it...any music fans wanna talk about these obscure records??? :p
  6. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Contrary to your belief, all of those songs have been covered by Sesame Street during its first season. I own this album, and the back cover even has a list of what episodes they appear in. Among the more well-known songs (found on "Unpaved") are "Mah Na Mah Na", "Good Morning Starshine", "A-You're Adorable", and "Consider Yourself". I'll try and provide a list of episodes they appear in.
  7. Rooseveltcountz

Rooseveltcountz New Member

Thanks Dude

Thanks dude... I just need to find a place that sells record players so I can check it out.. As a child, I had the Sesame Street Gold 2-Record Set, Sesame Street Live! and the one with Cookie Monster doing The Railroad skit. I also had a Peter Pan Sesame Street Album with "The Garden", "Sing" and "Someday Little Children"... In your opinion, was the "Songs from Sesame Street" project worth buying?
  8. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Just a little plug, you can hear tons of old Sesame music on Muppet Central Radio. I'm working on a project to get all of the Sesame albums included in our rotation in the near future. I've been remastering each of the old LP's, one by one.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/
  9. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

If you're a nostalgic Sesame fan. :D Many of the songs are hard to find on video.
  10. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

Here's the list on the back of the "Songs from Sesame Street" album:

Feelin' Groovy--12, 86
    Good Morning Starshine--3, 23, 54, 103, 121
    Yellow Submarine--17, 62, 102
    Swingin' On a Star--10, 61, 107
    Up, Up and Away--49, 71
    Mah-Na Mah-Na--14, 41, 53, 91, 113
    Happiness Is (Different Things to Different People)--25, 53, 96
    Spinning Wheel--12, 32, 80, 100
    "A"-You're Adorable--23, 54, 104
    Consider Yourself At Home--25, 38, 47, 65, 92 (also in #1)