Sesame Street Magazine: September 2004

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Inside this issue:

* Inside Cover Trivia: Telly Monster was originally knowned as the "television monster", who liked nothing better than to watch the screen all the time.

* Big Bird Says: There are two pictures of Oscar, Slimey, Zoe, and Cookie at the playground, Big Bird wants you to point out the difference. In the first picture, Oscar and Slimey are kite flying, Zoe is swinging, and Cookie is holding an apple. In the second picture, Oscar and Slimey are having ice cream, Zoe is on the monkey bars, and Cookie is holding...well...a cookie.

* Meet the Shapes: The Muppets introduce different shapes as, circles, stars, ovals, rectangles, square, and heart. Then identify the shape of various objects such as an egg, building block, book, starfish, window, starfruit, heartbox, tire, door, and clock.

* Letter of the Day: T, Telly says "You can never have too many triangles. They're terrific." In the picture, Telly watches the triangle channel, while his room reveals other T-words, teeth, tulips, television, tyrannosaurus, tiny tea sandwiches, tray, table, traffic sign, tower, tree, and taxi.

* Number of the Day: 8 (my fave!), You had to find 8 triangles, 8 ovals, 8 green shapes.

* Elmo's World: Circle Time, Elmo has Circle Time at school, while Mr. Noodle has square and rectangle time.

* Pull Out Poster: The Sesame Street Squares, a parody of Hollywood Square, only, this is a tic-tac toe poster.

* Global Grover: Grover travels to London, England, and rides on a double-decker bus.

* Play with Me Sesame: Ernie and Bert recite poems with "shapes".

* Sesame Safari: All about girafes.

* Dragon Tales: Big Whistling Wind has blown letters of the pages, and all over Dragonland, making you find them all.

Drtooth

Reaction score
WOW! I didn't know they still made Sesame Magazine (Haven't seen it around here, at any rate). The poster sounds pretty cool...

Klonoa

Reaction score
I used to get Sesame Street Magazine when I was real little. Nice to know they still make it. I always loved magazines.

--Klonoa

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, but it's really hard to get subscription these days, you have to get them from Parenting Magazine (because their subscribtions are together.) And believe it or not, you can still subscribe if you're not a little kid, I got my subscription when I was 12. Any way, I'll be back with info on October 2004. :smile:

MuppetDude

Reaction score
At my local library, they often reserve me a copy after about a month. In the nineties I stopped collecting them because I couldn't find them, but since a few years ago I started my collection again. My oldest copy is from 1984.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
D'Snowth,
Was the Grover in London thing photographs? or illustrations?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
They're pictures of the Grover "poser" around illustrations of London.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Oh, thats a shame. I thought they may have taken the puppet to London.

MuppetDude, If you can get the Sesame Street Magazine would you be interested in a trade for the October 2004 issue? Id really like to get it, And I have some old Sesame Street Magazines for trade and more!

Please let me know

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Sorry, Warrick. I've already got the October 2004 issue. And what's worse, I don't think I'll ever be able to receive any more issues from the library I get them from. :frown:

However, I may have some videos and books I may trade for some magazines. E-mail me (or private message me) and let me know what you've got to trade.

BTW, I loved the "SS Squares" poster. It was done by Tom Leigh, whose artwork has changed a bit (ditto with Joe Mathieu), but is still some of the best Muppet illustrations I've seen.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
MuppetDude,
the only thing im interested in is the October 2004 Magazine.

Do you think you would be able to get it anywhere else?