"Sesame Street" Muppets in other TV shows

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Can you think of any TV shows (not specials) other than Sesame Street in which Sesame Street Muppets appeared?

Here are a few examples:
  • The intro of the April 17, 2008 episode of Wheel of Fortune featured Big Bird planning to go to Hooper's Store and buy 25 birdseed milkshakes in honor of the game show's 25th season. I downloaded that episode from YouTube yesterday (it's unlisted).
  • Big Bird's appearance on Deal or No Deal.
  • Kermit the Frog appeared on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire's celebrity edition, when future host of The Price is Right, Drew Carey, made his second appearance.
  • Big Bird appeared on at least two versions of Hollywood Squares - in the 1970s, and in the early 2000s. I do not know if he ever appeared in the 1986-1989 version.
  • Elmo, Kermit, and Oscar the Grouch appeared on some episodes of Hollywood Squares - some of Elmo's appearances have been shown on the Hollywood Squares channel on PlutoTV, while Oscar's appearance is on YouTube.
  • Oscar appeared as a "mob member" on 1 vs. 100.
  • Kermit appeared on Reading Rainbow.
  • Grover and Oscar appeared in early segments on The Electric Company.
  • Bert and Ernie appeared on The Muppet Show. Kermit also hosted that show too.
Are there any other SS Muppet appearances on other TV shows?

SesameMike

Reaction score
Big Bird appeared in an episode of The Electric Company (original series), talking to Fargo North. Of course, TEC was produced by the same company, so I'm not sure if that counts. Big Bird also appeared once on Mr. Rogers, in the Neighborhood of Make-Believe.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I realized several more examples, after doing a YouTube search. Cookie Monster was a judge on a Christmas cookie search on ABC's Good Morning America at least six years ago. And also, Elmo and Cookie Monster appeared on NBC's The Today Show over a decade ago. Cookie Monster also appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, showing interest in writing jokes for the show. I think Cookie Monster is likely to have had guest appearances on shows involving food, particularly segments about food.

While not on YouTube at this time, I do remember seeing Cookie Monster on The Tyra Banks Show in late 2009 - and his voice sure sounded quite different then as opposed to the early 2000s Sesame Street.