"Sesame Street" on the Biography Channel

smcguire

Reaction score
"Biography for Kids" will be airing the "Sesame Street" biography on the Biography Channel (sadly, not a cable channel a lot of people get), on Sunday May 4 from 7 - 9 AM (Eastern/Pacific).

This is almost certainly the same as the Biography episode of "Sesame Street" that aired on A&E a while back, although it may be edited. (The Charles Schulz bio lost about 5-10 minutes when it aired on "Biography for Kids" so they could insert some segments with an inane teen girl prattling about something barele related... hopefully they won't do the same here.)

--Scott McGuire

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Sweet! I get Biography channel. I'll make sure to tape it.

It's two hours?

smcguire

Reaction score
Yes, it's two hours - that was not a typo. It was two hours when first shown on A&E - it was an "extra special Biography" or some such.

(Technically the Biography Channel is listing the show as two one-hour episodes, "Part 1" from 7-8 and "Part 2" from 8-9 but I felt that was gratuitous detail.)

--Scott McGuire

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I purchased both SS and Schulz bios on video from A&E, the I taped the hurricane episodes that week it came on to supplement the SS Biography.

I like to keep sets of things when I can.

smcguire

Reaction score
I quickly skimmed through the recording I made this morning. It was indeed the show that originally aired on A&E.

I don't believe it was significantly edited, because there wasn't an excessive amount of commercial time nor were there pointless segments with a teen host, but I haven't done a straight comparison. It may have been slightly edited, though, because they chopped it into two parts and put an introduction and closing credits on each part. Anyway, hope you all had a chance to catch it if you hadn't seen it before...

--Scott McGuire

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
My DVD copy (or, the DVD copy I USED to have, before I sent it to MahnaMahna) runs 1:34:25. I suppose this special aired with commercials? It's a good thing I made a VHS backup of it - it'll do for now, till I get another DVD copy, in the future. It's worth the wait. :big_grin: :smile:

smcguire

Reaction score
Yes, the show had commericals when it originally ran, so 1:34 sounds about right.

--Scott

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Its good they re-aired it. I think it is probably the only SS special that encompasses all the vital information about the show (I mean, a show spanning from 1969 to [at that time] 1998 [1999?]? 2 hours is needed just to scratch the surface..).

-Matt

Super Scooter

Reaction score
If you have digital cable, it's on Biography on demand.

If not, I taped it, if you'd like to do a trade.