Sesame Street parody in Mad Magazine

Whatever

Reaction score
I don't really like it. It's totally disrespectful of Sesame Street and its message.

roadrat15

Reaction score
MAD has always done great parodies of SS from the start til now.I keep the first SS parody in my private collection. :big_grin:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
punkNpuppets said:
who r u? tipper gore? take a joke dude
I think it's okay not to like this. I'm pretty conflicted on stuff like this too. I've been a MAD fan since fourth grade, and I generally love the kind of stuff they do. Then again, I've been a Sesame Street fan since birth, and I'm very attached to (and sentimental about) all of the characters. They're some of my oldest friends! I can appreciate the humor in this spoof, but it's difficult for me to actually "like" it.

:stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy: :smile:

roadrat15

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
I think it's okay not to like this. I'm pretty conflicted on stuff like this too. I've been a MAD fan since fourth grade, and I generally love the kind of stuff they do. Then again, I've been a Sesame Street fan since birth, and I'm very attached to (and sentimental about) all of the characters. They're some of my oldest friends! I can appreciate the humor in this spoof, but it's difficult for me to actually "like" it.

:stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy: :smile:
I fully appreciate your view on this. Not everyone's tastes are the same. That's whats so cool about us humans.So you got my admiration for posting your view,mah friend! :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
roadrat15 said:
MAD has always done great parodies of SS from the start til now.I keep the first SS parody in my private collection. :big_grin:
I remember posting descriptions of some a while back...

One was "Reality Street"... more of a satire of reality than SS... It's in Mad About the 70's... thumb through it at a bookstore...

Then there was "If Sesame Street Branched out into diferent subjects" I know there was "Medical Street" somtehing else, and :Mafia Street" where Big Bird SHakes down Mr.Hooper. This can be found in Mad about the Mafia

Then of course there is "If Sesame Street moved to the radical right... Jesse Helms captures Bert for being "Gay".. Bert replies "But I'm not even slightly happy" The Count Counts obscene books (every book in the Library, but the Bible, and something by Rush Limbaugh) and Big Bird is forced to put on pants. This is in Mad about Television..

I alo remember an article about Howard Cosell on different TV shows, he was on Sesame Street, and bored Ernie with his endless prattling!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Really? Howard Cosell was on "Sesame Street" with Ernie? I'd really enjoy seeing that clip. Also, I always wondered if he did an offscreen voice on an early 70's Sesame Street segment. It involved that pretty much empty looking room and at least one kid (a girl named Tracy). The way the voice said Tracy sounded a lot like Howard.