Sesame Street Quick Fix...

dcfboss

Reaction score
Here's my plan to quickly make sesame street better withough changing everything.

i noticed today how much time is wasted with stupid segments that show up in between the main parts. For example, after the main story is done, they usually go to a stupid segment with Big Bird asking stupid questions like "What's your favorite toy" and "What's your favorite food" If they put a classic skit or a nice old song that would make the show much more enjoyable and at the same time it doesn't take away from the main story or Elmo's World.

CookieFan

Reaction score
Sounds good to me, except that my kid really likes those segments. She likes seeing other little kids, esp. since we live out in the rural country and there aren't many little kids around.

But I'd rather have a classic song or parody sketch there, any day!

Hays

Reaction score
I guess I would agree that more skits would be better, but those bits don't take up that much of the "new" SS - they're only on a few episodes.

Though one of my favorite things about Sesame Street, now and in the past, is that it's populated with actual kids, not kid actors. They can't "sing", can't "dance," and often can't follow direction, and that's priceless. It takes real artistry to do that - almost all of the other kid's shows fail miserably.

It's a real pet peeve of mine that there's kid actor-types in many SS videos.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hays
Though one of my favorite things about Sesame Street, now and in the past, is that it's populated with actual kids, not kid actors. They can't "sing", can't "dance," and often can't follow direction, and that's priceless. It takes real artistry to do that - almost all of the other kid's shows fail miserably.
Hence my disapproval of the "Barney" show and my confusion to its continuous success.