Sesame Street returning to UK television

Whataday

Reaction score
Sesame Street is coming back to the UK! That's the news I bring you from Channel 5, who will be screening it sometime in the new year!

Pino

Reaction score
Whataday said:
Sesame Street is coming back to the UK! That's the news I bring you from Channel 5, who will be screening it sometime in the new year!
Is this one with own muppets or just the original version?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Whataday,

That is terrific news!

Orignally Channel 5 only bought the rights to air Elmo's World.

Sesame Street originally aired on ITV (ATV) in the 70's. Then moved to Channel 4 in the 80's. Somewhere inbetween those dates I think it aired on BBC too. Its run on Channel 4 was for a long time, Every weekday at 12pm... Everyone knew about it. Then it got moved to the Disney Channel in the 90's, Then in the late 90's it moved to NickJr where it stayed until last Summer.
The last TimeSlot it had was 6am Saturdays and Sundays.

I cant wait to see if its new or old episodes, And what kind of TimeSlot it has. Most probably from 7am - 9am. I also wonder if it will be Sesame Street or Open Sesame (A show that just airs clips for 30 minutes, with no Street scenes.)

see ya

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
That's great :big_grin: - How long has it been since the UK last seen the famous street. I don't even know what been happening on the show :sympathy:

Warrick said:
Sesame Street originally aired on ITV (ATV) in the 70's.
Really - you learn something everyday :wink:

Warrick said:
I cant wait to see if its new or old episodes, And what kind of TimeSlot it has. Most probably from 7am - 9am. I also wonder if it will be Sesame Street or Open Sesame (A show that just airs clips for 30 minutes, with no Street scenes.)
Very likely to be new half hour shows :grouchy: On the other hand Channel 5 does show a lot show from other channels. Their seems to be a lot of that one moment Quincy is one BBC and now on ITV

I do hope it's Open Sesame :halo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
Very likely to be new half hour shows :grouchy: On the other hand Channel 5 does show a lot show from other channels. Their seems to be a lot of that one moment Quincy is one BBC and now on ITV

I do hope it's Open Sesame :halo:
What would a half hour show be? Our American show minus Elmo's World and Journey to Ernie? Or would it be like the "open Sesame" series you talked about?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey,
Open Sesame is a half an hour show full of clips. It airs in quite a few countries that dont have there own Co Productions yet. A good thing about this is that they show clips from EVERY season, And lots of older clips.
They show very little of the American Street scenes.

In Australia they are getting there own Muppet to do a kind of Mini Co Producrtion, The Muppet will just introduce clips and have a mini storyline.

see ya

Splurge

Reaction score
Out of interest, did the Muppet skit about Kermit the Frog in London reporting on the famous London Fog, did that ever air in the UK?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Probably, It was a NewsFlash right?

When we did get Sesame Street it was always uncut.

see ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Any idea when this is going to happen Whataday?

Thanks