Sesame Street Search

paulball

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the cartoon skit on Sesame Street with the two groups of Mountain goats that meet up heading opposite directions on the side of a cliff? They argue about who should have the right to go ahead and who will have to back off. Finally they agree to cooperate by jumping over each other. Once out of site one group calls out.."we forgot to tell you about the elephant around the cooooorner!!"

Anyway, i have been trying to find Sesame street archive tapes in the library, or some kind of resource online but have found nothing. Can someone reccomend where i can find that sort of material. Or does anyone have video tapes of the old sesame street that they might be able to locate that skit?
I would be forever greatful.
`PB

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I've seen that one so friggin many times, I gotta have it somewhere. If I find it I'll let you know.

paulball

Reaction score
Thanks Boober_Gorg

Hi, Thanks for your help. It would mean alot to me if you could find that skit. I'll pay for a tape and shipping if you Do end up finding it. You ROCK Boober!!
Thanks again.
`PB

frenchtoast

Reaction score
Wanted Seasame Street Skits

I'm sorry to say the "Best of Bert & Ernie" tape really isn't!
I sure wish CTW would offer the old episodes of SS for sale for fundraising - maybe someday they will.

Until then, I'm desperately seeking several skits from SS and/or Electric Company, described to the best of my recollection:

- an episode of Bert & Ernie where Ernie breaks the sugar bowl, so he puts the sugar in the fish bowl, and puts the fish in the cookie jar, and the cookies in a cowboy hat, etc.

- an episode Here's Your Life with Guy Smiley where a loaf of bread is the guest of honor, surprised by Mike & Melissa French Toast (hence my user name - "melissafrenchtoast" was too long!)

- a photography-animation bit of an orange with a rubberband mouth singing aria from opera Carmen

- all Don music skits

- all Kermit News Flash fairy tale skits

- Grover waiter alphabet soup and "i did not order a <brrriiinnngggg> (telephone) sandwich" skits

- cartoon where the pig eating ice cream tells the sheep/goat "sorry, there's not enough for YOU" and it makes him maaaaaaad and he butts the pig

- "I'm a hard dog, I'm a workin dog. I'm a hard, workin dog" clips

- Tweedlebug skits

- Alien yep-yep-yep-uh-huh-uh-huh skits

-Kermit drawing shapes on the screen with his finger

- Stevie Wonder "Supertitious" performance

- "C is for Cookie" Cookie Monster song

- a variety of child/Muppet interaction bits ( Kermit, Grover, near-far, alphabet, counting, shapes, etc.

Please contact me if you can provide me with a video tape or VCD of these! I'm sure if you have them, you understand what they mean to me!

troppy

Reaction score
Taking the "T" from my varsity sweater...

The cable network "Noggin" used to play old old OLD SS episodes at night... pre-Elmo, some even pre-second Gordon(!), they would start at one am or so, and just play for a few hours. They have recently changed their format (in a bad way), so I'm not sure if they still play them... I think I saw the listing for 4am or something horrid like that.

They played all those greats you mention, as well as all the songs (What's it like to be in school, Everybody Sleeps, When I'm Itchy I Scratch, etc.). I even caught a few episodes of LetterMan!

They also had The Electric Company reruns. I couldn't believe it when I was watching it one night... there was this young, hip, skinny man with a huge afro talking about words that rhyme with "pet"... then I realized he was Morgan Freeman!

If it is still on, I s'pose you could set your VCR...

frenchtoast

Reaction score
I'm glad you mentioned Noggin for the benefit of others that will read this. I was lucky enough to have that station a while back before I moved. I filled up several six-hour videotapes and got some good stuff, but not most of the stuff that I really want to see again. Those tapes are now in an unlabeled box in a storage shed, since my parents packed up my house when I got sick. :frown:

Does anyone remember the sugar bowl incident?! I'm beginning to think I imagined it! I think it was probably the funniest thing I ever saw.

My dream is that some day CTW will offer a make-your-own DVD where you can pick your own interstitials in the order you want!

troppy

Reaction score
"The Sugar Bowl Incident"- starring Bert and Ernie

You didn't imagine it...

It begins with Ernie trying to put a pot on Bert's head, Bert asks him what he's doing, which leads to the long convoluted chain of events (he put the sugar in the fishbowl, the fish in the milk bottle, the milk in the flower pot, the flower in Bert's cowboy hat).

Bert: But what do I wear when I wanna play cowboy?

Ernie: Well,

(puts the pan on Bert's head)

E: Ride 'em cowboy, Bert!

(pained look from Bert to the camera)

And I just checked their listings... after 6 pm or so, Noggin becomes "The N"- chock full of hip teen shows...no SS to be found. They do, however tend to mix some of the oldies into the more recent stuff during "Sesame Too", which plays during the day.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Originally posted by frenchtoast
I filled up several six-hour videotapes and got some good stuff, but not most of the stuff that I really want to see again. Those tapes are now in an unlabeled box in a storage shed, since my parents packed up my house when I got sick. :frown:
If you ever get those unpacked, let me know. I gotta see that stuff.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
To everyone who thinks Noggin no longer runs classic SS, you're wrong. On late Friday/early Saturday and late Saturday/early Sunday, at 3:30 AM Eastern/12:30 AM Pacific, they do run one classic episode of Sesame Street (so they show two per week).