Sesame Street Season 36 Sneak Peak

Erine81981

Reaction score
I think that song is in the new DVD Healthy Monsters. I think I have it and remember it somewhere in there. But I agree I love Cookie just the what he has been. He know that cookies aren't good to eat all the time. He eats them because thats where he got his name.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
They could also air the old sketch where María tries to get Cookie Monster to eat new foods like apples, raisins, and even carrots. And the funny part of the sketch is that after he eats the food, he ends up eating the plates too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hays said:
Funny how Sesame Street is bringing up all of this stuff as "new," most of these ideas have been around forever. Children's health has always been on Sesame: think about all the tooth skits, food skits, exercise skits...

Which emphisizes the sad state of children's programming and parenting. Parents who are too lazy to actually teach their kids to eat right figure... hey... let Elmo do it! :grouchy: But I guess it is something, helping do it's part to teach kids how to be healthy...

>>I know--it's not like McD's runs "commercials" before or after SS, but come on. I would like to see Sesame Workshop's response to this. Actually, I'd like to see SW *drop* McDonald's like a bad habit (i.e., eating at McDonald's).

SW could really help the healthy children effort by publicly just saying "no" to the enemy.

Another question is what other "healthier" or even health-neutral organization could take the place of McDonald's sponsorship if they did drop out?<<

Which emphisizes the sad state of PBS. I was watching Arthur the other day (yeah, I'm a single 22 year old guy watching Arthur. :stick_out_tongue: Can I help it if the show came out like 10 years too late for me? I am a huge fan of the books since chlidhood) and there was this commercial...errr.... notice of sponsership.... I'll try to remember it...

"Brought to you by Rhoads 60 second cinnamon rolls. How many seconds are in a minute? 60! It only takes a minute to wake up your mind with PBS Kids"

All the while, we clearly see kids getting up from bed, CLEARLY to eat a breakfast of instant cinnamon rolls....and a giant cartoon cinnamon roll floating around the logo... nahh... that couldn't have been an advertisement for cinnamon rolls. Just a random querstion for kids to figure out....

Sadly, that's the most subtle of the bunch. It's on adult shows too. PBS non-commercial Television, with 2 minutes of ads at the beginning and end of the show...

Anyway, this parody stuff keeps getting funnier. A while back the parody element was missing from the show, and this season we've seen Parodies of Spongebob, Joe Millionaire, Dr. Phil and the Tonight show with Jay Leno. Though Millionaire and Phil will be the most dated of the bunch, and shortly too, they were funny. I know people have problems with the dated refferences, but then again, they made fun of Disco in the 70's and Miami Vice in the 80's.

Desperate Houseplants and Grouch eye have the potential to be the funniest segments this season.

Crazy-Animal

Reaction score
Maybe they should have a segment on the count encouraging kids to dance, he seems to like dancing quite a bit.

I thought of another thing they could do, is have a muppet on sesame street who is fat, everyone else encouraging him to exercise and him loosing weight and feeling happy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The new season starts monday..... in a few days we'll see how these changes will affect the program. Hopefully it'll be smooth like Global Grover, and not as shakey as the original "format change" line-up!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Haven't posted it till now, but I saw a promotional ad on Saturday on the Kids WB lineup of shows that could be thought of as a smaller-scaled sneak peak at the new season. At least, it was a promotional segment promoting the issue of health which'll be their big focus this season.
The segment had Luis introducing Elmo to healthy foods, he probably had some fruits and veggies on plates before him. And then, in true Muppet comical fashion, Elmo wanted to introduce Luis to some healthy food... Namely, Mr. Broccoli, and then a male broccoli Muppet voiced by Joey Mazzarino pops out to greet Luis.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's been around for a few months, Count. I have seen it locally during the new Ninja Turtles show a few times. I think there's another one where Luis and Elmo are doing various dances to excersize... I forget the ad, otherwise I'd give you a little more detail.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
>>I know--it's not like McD's runs "commercials" before or after SS, but come on. I would like to see Sesame Workshop's response to this. Actually, I'd like to see SW *drop* McDonald's like a bad habit (i.e., eating at McDonald's).

SW could really help the healthy children effort by publicly just saying "no" to the enemy.
Come on, McDonald's itself has offered more healthy foods for both children and adults recently...not to mention sponsoring adult exercise programs. Calling them "the enemy" is unfair to the kids who order apple slices and milk in a Happy Meal...and to the moms who order the fruit/nut salad (I assume that was added to the menu permanently). At least, they did not push any specific foods in the ad...*shrug*