Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4505 - Enthusiastic Penelope Penguin

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4505 - Enthusiastic Penelope Penguin
Friday September 19, 2014

Penelope Penguin is visiting Sesame Street but admits that she has a hard time making new friends because she is too enthusiastic. Chris tells her she can make friends if she remembers to stop and think. Will Penelope remember to do this?

Subject: Self-Regulation
Brought to you by: K & 11
Word on the Street: Enthusiastic – Really excited about something.

If you've seen "Enthusiastic Penelope Penguin" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, at least we get Caroll as Big Bird as part of another episode's street story.
So penguin pounds are going to replace chestpounds?
Oh hey, Rosita's finally in an episode again. Probably because Leslie's performing Penelope Penguin.
Sure, the song's gonna solve everything... Because Penelope couldn't control herself before.
Nice that the gang remembered that Oscar's the other person who loves fish on their ice cream.

Song: "Hey, Come and Play with Me."
Muppets/Celebrity Word of the Day Explanation.
At least it wasn't as boring thanks to the AM's enthusiastic about jumping instead of dancing.
Murray the Reporter reporting on friends, again, I find Ovejita's role extremely limited and unnecessary. She should be better incorporated into these sketches like she was in Murray Had a Little Lamb.
Cookie's Crummy Pictures: Twilight: Breaking Cookie.
Oh man, these get better and more hilarious!
"Cookie thirst, it's a yumpire thing."
Shortbreadward and Belly got married... Eat it Bake-ob!
Song: "Moving With the ABC's" sung by Usher, from last season.
Abby's Flying Fairy School: Puckish Pete's Petting Zoo.
This is the other episode I've been waiting to watch because of the mythic creatures involved in the various tasks.
Er no, Mrs. Sparklenose... A hydra isn't a dragon, it's more of a sea dragon. And it doesn't necessarily definitively have five heads, it's that it can grow multiple heads for each one you cut off.
Showing good manners in front of the unicorn so it would let Gonnigan ride her, reminds me of Harry having to bow down and show Buckbeak it's due deference in Prisoner of Ascaban.
Yeck, another of those annoying garden number bits.
Song: "Lonely Eleven."
Film: Some school band singing "Somebody Come And Play."
Song: "Quiero Ser Tu Amigo/I Want To Be Your Friend."
For some reason, I liked this better when Luis sang it as "My Name Is/Me Llamo."
Elmo the Musical: Pilot the Musical.

This episode had a bland street story, the true highlight was Cookie's Crummy Pictures. And now that we finished Premiere Week for Season 45, I'm a bit surprised that none of the big name parodies have aired yet like House of Bricks or Game of Chairs. Then again, they're probably pacing themselves by saving them for later, especially since the season ends in June because of the Crummy Pictures sketches.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I know it's part of the character and all, but I'd be glad if Penelope Penguinstop would never appear on the show ever again ever. I get that she's over annoyingly enthusiastic, and the message is that those kinds of people scare off potential friends. But not since Rodeo Rosie has a character been that abrasive. I mean, she gets called on it in a friendly suggestion way, but... seriously, I can't be the only one who wanted a Muppet Walrus to eat her to shut her up.

But it's great to see Big Bird so much in the first 5 episodes. Second street story he was in too. Kinda wish more of the action focused on him. Finally see Telly and Rosita in a street story too. Too bad the story was kinda dull.

I agree. While Twilight's completely out of vogue (not complaining at all, by the way), that awesome Cookie's Crumby Pictures was the highlight of the episode today. Loved how even the Belly puppet looked bored and the great faux-wood acting sold it.

Mindy was cute on the Word of the Day segment. That actress pretty much runs on cute, of course they pair her up with Elmo. Didn't like the Romeo bit. His singing voice was finger nails on a chalkboard to me. Only worse singing was the Somebody Come and Play cover. And it sounded like they recorded it in an air tunnel.

I'll second that. I'm surprised that we haven't seen a single one of the non-Crumby Pictures parody segments, not even posted online. You'd think they'd lead off on one of those, but all we've seen was that reused Birdwalk Empire bit.

And yeah. I love Murray talking outside with kids, but I'm not liking this "Sesame Street News Bulletin" bit. It's long and repetitive.

So far, outside of the Crumby pictures, Numericon, and the (FINALLY) new Super Grover 2.0, I'm not too impressed with this season so far.

BeckyDR

Reaction score
That "Lonely 11" title makes me think of the "Lowercase n" song, since the n was sad and lonely at the beginning of the song. How does it compare?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Since I don't have/remember the visuals of Lonely Eleven, I'll have to defer this question to others here like Drtooth or Oscarfan. Hope this helps though.

SSLFan

Reaction score
So far, outside of the Crumby pictures, Numericon, and the (FINALLY) new Super Grover 2.0, I'm not too impressed with this season so far.
Really? Hmm. I've felt that this season is the first in a long time in which SS has had that "ensemble" feel again. I know it's still early in the season, but outside of the usual Elmo & Abby and the always superior Grover and Cookie moments/segments, this season has been promising. The inclusion of the new Muppet dance spots, along with the awesome songs "Power of Yet" and "Everybody Raise Your Hand", have given more Muppets screen time opportunities than they would have had in past seasons. Also, we got a new Bert and Ernie street story (with several more to look forward too!), plus A LOT of Big Bird appearances (including an upcoming one on location with Murray) which is always great.

For the first time the block format is actually proving to be work tremendously with giving characters appropriate screen time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Nice that the gang remembered that Oscar's the other person who loves fish on their ice cream.
Yeah. We haven't really seen him this season, other than the number zero segment which was repeated from last season. Hopefully that's a hint that he's going to get some more airtime soon.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
This episode had a bland street story, the true highlight was Cookie's Crummy Pictures. And now that we finished Premiere Week for Season 45, I'm a bit surprised that none of the big name parodies have aired yet like House of Bricks or Game of Chairs. Then again, they're probably pacing themselves by saving them for later, especially since the season ends in June because of the Crummy Pictures sketches.
So does this mean the show will go back to only airing new eps on Thursdays now? I think we may have a full week of new eps in October. I'll have to check on that again.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's episode was pretty good. I guess they finally decided to make a specific character to that penguin cause Leslie loves playing her. The song was pretty catchy. The WOTD was cool. The new Murray tune-ins were good. Mostly cause of the AMs that Peter and Carmen played. The CCP was awesome! Perfect replica of Twilight. Overall, I'm looking forward to the upcoming episodes.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I particularly enjoyed this episode. I will say Penelope was a bit of a handful in terms of annoyance. Though, I'm lenient, likely due to my own semi-overbearingness. But, all in all, I thought it was an overall good street story. Not the best so far, but good.

The segments, I will agree, drive today's episode. The Murray segments are some of my favorites so far. The "Little Lamb" segments pale in comparison to these newsflashes. They make the theme of the episode prevalent through it all and make use of nice Muppet-human interaction.

The Crumby Pictures is one of the funniest yet! I know I probably said that about Star S'Mores earlier, but this one's good. The parody characters are hilarious and lampshade all the spoof-able things Twilight gave us.

While I'm here, gotta say, love the amount of Peter Linz characters this season. His Bakob is hilarious, the Luke Piewalker the other day was a spot-on impression, and his AM in the Newsflash today was just perfect. Glad to see him finally implemented.

The rest flows well too. Nothing jumped out at me, though, with the songs, save for "Lonely 11" (one I'll definitely be coming back to soon. Great song!). All and all, wonderful episode. Simply wonderful!