Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4511 - Peter Piper's Purpose

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Season 45 Episode 4511 - Peter Piper's Purpose
Wednesday November 19, 2014

It’s Pickled Pepper Day at Hooper’s Store, but Peter Piper forgot to bring the pickles because he wants to pursue something pizzazier. Telly agrees to help but keeps running into Peter and dropping the peppers. Meanwhile, the customers requiring peppers is growing. Will Alan be able to deliver the peppers without the help of Peter Piper?

Subject: Literacy, Math, Self-Regulation
Brought to you by: P & 3
Word on the Street: Popular – When something is really liked by a lot people.

If you've seen "Peter Piper’s Purpose" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another episode I've missed. Sounds like a good gimmick for a niche character like Peter Pipper and his popular purposeful pizzazy pickled pepper patch.
:smile:: Sheesh... Does anybody have a slightly-used Q?

At least I can deduce from this week's pattern that Episode 4512 will most likely air on Friday, November 21 so there's that to look forward to.
Thanks for the Mupdate Phil.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, this one about Peter Piker and his pookled peepers was pretty good. Nice to see Eric get a non-Frank Oz recast original character from time to time. Also great to see another worried Telly episode. I'd love to poke holes in the logic of not ordering these things ahead, but then you lose the storyline. Oh, and Forgetful Jones had a walk on. That's big. I also liked the background walla of the three initial pickled pepper day customers talking about "mouth feel." Nice little improvising bit there.

Anyone else think that pizza animation didn't need to keep shoehorning the words "healthy" and "low fat" into everything? That was just anvilicious right there.

We finally get to see that great Cookie Monster and Prairie bit. I can't help but think that something was edited out. I swear he ate one of the boxes off screen as a result. Unless I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Anyone else think the number 3 neon juggling bit was seizure inducing?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I only caught the last few minutes of the street story, but I liked that song.

It was great to see a new Cookie/Prairie bit after so long. They're a great pair and I don't know why they don't use her more.

cahuenga

Reaction score
I cant wait to see the Prairie Dawn bit!!!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was very good. Telly was funny as always and Eric did a good job playing Peter. The WOTD was funny, with Real Housewives, Duck Dynasty and Honey Boo Boo parodies. Prairie Dawn is finally back! The bit was very funny.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, and Forgetful Jones had a walk on. That's big. I also liked the background walla of the three initial pickled pepper day customers talking about "mouth feel."
I agree. Seeing Forgetful was the highlight of the ep. Again, it's a shame he didn't have any lines. Nice that Susan returned as well.

BTW, does anyone have the video clip of the Cookie and Prairie bit? I only saw the half hour version this week, so it would be nice to see that and anything else I may have missed. I know this may be one of Fran's final appearances on SS, so if anyone has a video clip of that, let me know.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It was great to see a new Cookie/Prairie bit after so long. They're a great pair and I don't know why they don't use her more.
I kinda hope that they recast the character when Fran leaves. It really is a shame we don't see as much of Prairie as we should. She makes a great Only Sane Woman foil, especially paired up with Cookie. This skit was one of the more underrated highlights of the season, and I just love how horrified Prairie got when Cookie just kept eating all the cookies. Especially when she let out a whimpering "not my Diddly Doos."

Erine81981

Reaction score
Good episode. Loved the storyline. Great skits.
Yeah the pizza animation thing just kept talking about healthy way to much but what else is new. And good to see some anything Muppet characters. I have always loved those throw away characters of them. They always make me feel like i'm still watching the older shows.
And loved the Prairie and Cookie skit. Always have loved her character. I too hope that they can recast her character(s).

I can't wait for the Elmo the Grouch episode. It looks like Elmo's going to get his own trash can and the Grover episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah the pizza animation thing just kept talking about healthy way to much but what else is new.
It made the dialogue klunky. Strangely, this crap was pulled with the second season of the current Pac-Man cartoon where they went out of their way to mention how healthy everything is. That, of course, was because of Disney's even more ridiculous standards of fitness bullcrap shoehorned into programs. Personally, I can't tell if the writers were forced to do that or forced to do that and responded by making everything sound heavy handed and klunky on purpose to show how ridiculous the mandate was.

As for the Sesame Street bit, just make the darn pizza. Don't discuss how much fiber is in the crust. They're this close to being that Fairly Oddparents gag where the kid's show talks about how things fiberize your colon.