1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4803 - Elmo's Nursery Rhyme

Discussion in 'Season 48' started by Phillip, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Episode 4803 - Elmo's Nursery Rhyme
    HBO Premiere: Saturday December 2, 2017
    PBS Premiere: Monday August 6, 2018

Mother Goose (Kate McKinnon) tries to write a nursery rhyme for Elmo, but she doesn't know anything about him. It's up to his friend Abby to show her some of the things that make Elmo special.

This episode features an all-new street story and a new Elmo's World ("Nursery Rhymes").

[​IMG]

If you saw "Elmo's Nursery Rhyme" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Kinda lame all around. Rushed street story that Kate McKinnon couldn't save, boring choice of inserts (including throwing in something originally meant for Youtube). Nice to get a little Telly and hear Jerry's Count again (they really should've shot more with him while they still had the chance).

Why can't the letter of the day bits work in like the number ones do? They have no problem incorporating counting and the theme of the ep. into the same thing. "N is for Nursery Rhyme" doesn't do anything beyond that. What are other N words? I'm so sick of these segments. They can't have it both ways.

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Street story wasn't so bad, but I do feel like Kate McKinnon could have brought a little more to her Mother Goose performance - it seemed kind of phoned-in some of the time. Somehow, the cow jumping over the moon and landing on Telly seemed like a very, very subtle throwback to the Season 36 premiere, in which Telly tries to learn how to catch a ball, by, at one point, catching a cow who jumped over the moon. Seeing Telly was fun, but it's clear Marty can't quite broaden the emotional range of Telly's voice like he used to.

Not much else to comment on, except why did Abby suddenly sing with a little bit of a southern twang in her "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes" song?

4. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Since I really love Kate McKinnon, I thought she did some funny stuff in the street story. Like clearing her throat loudly and saying her strike of inspiration feels like a stomach ache. I guess the Elmo version of Bingo is technically the first new Muppet insert in the half-hour era of Sesame Street. I wish they kept the bit explaining the bits of silence during the clapping parts. I thought Mr. Noodle's brother's fake sheep were funny.

5. Phillip

Just a heads up, Sesame Street Season 48 begins airing daily on PBS this Monday August 6. The first episode is "Elmo's Nursery Rhyme". Check local listings for times. (Please note, HBO's Season 48 premiere was episode 4701, "A Sesame Street Thanksgiving".)

Watch the show and let us know your thoughts on this episode.

6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Why isn’t the Thanksgiving episode showing first?

7. Phillip

I'm sure the Thanksgiving episode will air on PBS multiple times throughout November.

PBS will broadcast the Sesame 48 episodes out-of-order as they did previously with Seasons 46 and 47.

8. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Okay, thank you.