Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at that one image, which must be a short part of a longer clip, how is it known that the missing main characters aren't in that clip but out of frame/their parts didn't make what made the cut of how much of that clip showed up at the Emmy's?

A while back I thought up an anniversary video idea that would focus on the characters who have been on the show since the first season. But tonight I've thought up another great DVD concept: A character-based release where each character is represented based on how long they were on the show. So characters who have been on the show since the first season or the 1970s would get about five clips, characters who have primarily been on the show for four decades (like Telly or Elmo) would get four clips, characters who have been around for three decades (like Baby Bear or Zoe) would get three clips, and so on. I guess Julia and Rudy would both only get one clip each (have there been any inserts starring them, or have they primarily been in street stories and web videos so far?*).

*I know Rudy's been in that new recurring segment with Abby, but that's animated. I meant has he been in many inserts in puppet form?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Looking at that one image, which must be a short part of a longer clip, how is it known that the missing main characters aren't in that clip but out of frame/their parts didn't make what made the cut of how much of that clip showed up at the Emmy's?

A while back I thought up an anniversary video idea that would focus on the characters who have been on the show since the first season. But tonight I've thought up another great DVD concept: A character-based release where each character is represented based on how long they were on the show. So characters who have been on the show since the first season or the 1970s would get about five clips, characters who have primarily been on the show for four decades (like Telly or Elmo) would get four clips, characters who have been around for three decades (like Baby Bear or Zoe) would get three clips, and so on. I guess Julia and Rudy would both only get one clip each (have there been any inserts starring them, or have they primarily been in street stories and web videos so far?*).

*I know Rudy's been in that new recurring segment with Abby, but that's animated. I meant has he been in many inserts in puppet form?
Honestly given her importance on the show as of currently...I would think Julia deserves a few clips of her own.

Schfifty

Reaction score
And YOUR #1 favorite character is missing from the group shot! :grouchy:

I thought Snuffy and Zoe seemed to be the ones getting phased out (although if the latter ultimately gets phased out, I'd be plenty OK with it), but yeah, those are intelligent observations and points about Baby Bear.
Eh, I wouldn't want to see Zoe get phased out completely yet, even if Abby pretty much took over her role as the main girl Muppet.

Regarding Baby Bear, I think his diminishing appearances could also do with how committed David is with Cookie Monster now, especially with the popularity he's gotten in the recent years, and also mind that we don't really have the rest of Baby Bear's family to support him anymore (since Joey and Alice left).

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Eh, I wouldn't want to see Zoe get phased out completely yet, even if Abby pretty much took over her role as the main girl Muppet.

Regarding Baby Bear, I think his diminishing appearances could also do with how committed David is with Cookie Monster now, especially with the popularity he's gotten in the recent years, and also mind that we don't really have the rest of Baby Bear's family to support him anymore (since Joey and Alice left).
Alice left as well? I didn’t know that.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score

Lately I've lost my spark for Zoe, so that's more or less why I claimed that I wouldn't mind her getting phased out.

Also, I thought Jennifer was Mama Bear's performer nowadays...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And I thought Lisa Buckley was her performer. I'm so confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.