Sesame Street Season 53 Episode 5328 - The Letter C Vacation

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5328 - The Letter C Vacation
HBO Max Premiere: Thursday, May 11, 2023
PBS Premiere: Monday, March 4, 2024

When the letter “C” goes on vacation, all of the things that start with it also go missing – cans become fans, a cake becomes a rake, cups turn into pups. When a rested letter C returns, everyone realizes that all 26 letters are important.

This episode features an all-new street story, I Wonder, What If, Let's Try ("Playing a Rhyming Game"), Haim sings an ABC song with the Sesame Street Muppets, a new Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Tomatoes"), The Count sings "Eight is Great", and a new Elmo & Tango's Mysterious Mysteries ("Missing Coloring Book").

If you saw "The Letter C Vacation" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

CrashMon24

Reaction score
I Really Enjoyed This Episode Good To See Mr. Johnson having a role in this, also him getting mad at Grover and A Parrot for copying him and in The HAIM Song To as well as Appearances By Baby Bear and Gonger in the Song I Smiled So Much When I Saw it and Elmo Making Jones about Nina’s Car Becoming A Jar Was Funny with The C Joke

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I thought this was a fun episode too. I’ve always loved the street stories and segments where a letter of the alphabet quits or goes missing, and this took it in a direction I haven’t seen before (the remaining letters trying to fill in).

Haim’s performance was also enjoyable. It felt like an update to the Sesame Street Alphabet song from season 44, and the fact it featured nearly every current character and was shot on the street set certainly helped.

And given the pattern previous alphabet-themed episodes took, I didn’t expect this episode to have a number segment, so I was pleasantly surprised to see it actually did.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was pretty fun. I loved Nina actually showing some emotions, and Elmo's asides "Too soon?" And "Don't push it." The Haim song had a good variety of characters. Cookie hiding the pasta so Gonger wouldn't notice the tomatoes were missing was funny. I was surprised to see a repeat of 8 is Great.

ACvillagerFan

Reaction score
I found this to be one of the better street stories to be made this season. This is one that didn't have a huge focus on Elmo, and it was great seeing interactions with Grover and Mr. Johnson make a return appearance.

It is great this episode has a number segment, but feels a bit odd that they used Eight is Great in an episode about the alphabet. My guess is that one of the Sesame editors got this episode mixed up with Episode 5320 (the most recent episode focused on counting), and included it in this one.

Last edited:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"The Letter C Vacation" premieres on PBS this Monday, March 4. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 53 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I found this to be one of the better street stories to be made this season. This is one that didn't have a huge focus on Elmo, and it was great seeing interactions with Grover and Mr. Johnson make a return appearance.
It's always good to see the return of those two. I felt a little bad for Grover at the beginning because it seemed like he wasn't at fault for the c words turning into other things, although the parrot was always a parrot, so I get that. Though who goes to a restaurant just to order a carrot or corn and since when did Grover work at Hooper's? Just a few things to think about.