Sesame Street Season 53 Episode 5334 - Ramp and Roll

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5334 - Ramp and Roll
Max Premiere: Thursday, June 22, 2023
PBS Premiere: Thursday, March 7, 2024

When the only ramp on Sesame Street is already being used, Elmo and Rosita wonder if they can use cardboard to race their ping-pong balls.

This episode features a street story from Season 51, I Wonder, What If, Let’s Try ("Cars"), Mickey Guyton sings "Community", Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Ride Designers"), and Elmo's World: Monster Edition with Cookie Monster ("Ramps").

If you saw "Ramp and Roll" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

ACvillagerFan

Reaction score
Not since Season 42 (where they would repeat Season 40 episodes with literally no changes in segments) have I seen a repeat feel this redundant to the original. It's almost exactly the same as Episode 5101, with the only changes made is the R is for Ramps segment being replaced by yet another airing of The Community song, and the number of the day is different.

It also feels really soon to start repeating Season 51. I get the argument that it harkens back to the old days when they'd repeat stories from the last 2 seasons, but they still haven't repeated anything from Seasons 49 and 50.

80sMuppetFan

Reaction score
Not since Season 42 (where they would repeat Season 40 episodes with literally no changes in segments) have I seen a repeat feel this redundant to the original. It's almost exactly the same as Episode 5101, with the only changes made is the R is for Ramps segment being replaced by yet another airing of The Community song, and the number of the day is different.

It also feels really soon to start repeating Season 51. I get the argument that it harkens back to the old days when they'd repeat stories from the last 2 seasons, but they still haven't repeated anything from Seasons 49 and 50.
I know what you mean. I can understand why they re-ran the episode that introduces us to Frank and Dave because it's pride month but to re-air the season 51 episode with very few changes just seems a little odd to me to be honest. I really wish they could just air 35 new episodes a year but for whatever reason 10 of them are always repeats and some of them go very far back like over a decade.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Ramp and Roll" premieres on PBS this Thursday, March 7. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 53 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.