Sesame Street Season 53 Episode 5335 - Sesame Street Submarine

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5335 - Sesame Street Submarine
Max Premiere: Thursday, June 29, 2023
PBS Premiere: Monday, March 25, 2024

Elmo, Rosita and Rudy are making a submarine and need something big enough to fit all three of them.

This episode features an all-new street story, I Wonder, What If, Let’s Try ("Building a Pretend Submarine"), Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Actors and Directors"), and Elmo & Tango's Mysterious Mysteries ("Lost Treasure").

If you saw "Sesame Street Submarine" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

80sMuppetFan

Reaction score
Kinda eerie and ironic how this aired a little over a week after the real submarine incident. Anyways no Telly at all this season so I'm beginning to think he's gone after 43 years.

CrashMon24

Reaction score
The episode timing is weird with the whole submarine thing that happened but it was cute seeing Slimey copying Oscar.

ACvillagerFan

Reaction score
I feel like if it weren't for this being the season finale, they might have postponed the airing of this episode either to the next season or to another episode of the season. And I don't think they'd be willing to air another repeat since they already aired 10 this season. So this is just really bad timing all around.

As for Season 53 as a whole, it is a bit of a mixed bag, but it is better than the last couple of seasons, as this season focused a bit less on the whole I Wonder, What If gimmick, leading to more breathing room for stories. Still very mixed as there are some that range from decent to just very superficial. And do not get me started on the Happy Hair Day street story, which surpassed Enthusiastic Penelope Penguin as my least favorite street story.

More characters like Bert and Ernie have still been sidelined, and Telly especially has been as well, as he hasn't had a single new appearance this season. He did however make an appearance in the Mindfulness Special, so that tells me that Telly may not be completely retired, but he's definitely not a priority. Marty stated that Telly stopped appearing due to the research team finding that kids tend to confuse Telly's anxiousness with anger. I feel like if they're going with his more recent appearances, I could kind of see why as, as I could think of at least one example where Telly essentially pesters Abby for making art the "wrong" way.

In fact, now that I think about it, Rudy did sort of the same thing with Charlie when he pointed out the wrong colored grass in her artwork. And Rudy is now seemingly starting to take a nosedive as he went from being pushed to being a major character to also being secondary at best. He hasn't even appeared in the new Season 53 intro, which seems to say a lot as to where their priority is on using Rudy.

80sMuppetFan

Reaction score
I feel like if it weren't for this being the season finale, they might have postponed the airing of this episode either to the next season or to another episode of the season. And I don't think they'd be willing to air another repeat since they already aired 10 this season. So this is just really bad timing all around.

As for Season 53 as a whole, it is a bit of a mixed bag, but it is better than the last couple of seasons, as this season focused a bit less on the whole I Wonder, What If gimmick, leading to more breathing room for stories. Still very mixed as there are some that range from decent to just very superficial. And do not get me started on the Happy Hair Day street story, which surpassed Enthusiastic Penelope Penguin as my least favorite street story.

More characters like Bert and Ernie have still been sidelined, and Telly especially has been as well, as he hasn't had a single new appearance this season. He did however make an appearance in the Mindfulness Special, so that tells me that Telly may not be completely retired, but he's definitely not a priority. Marty stated that Telly stopped appearing due to the research team finding that kids tend to confuse Telly's anxiousness with anger. I feel like if they're going with his more recent appearances, I could kind of see why as, as I could think of at least one example where Telly essentially pesters Abby for making art the "wrong" way.

In fact, now that I think about it, Rudy did sort of the same thing with Charlie when he pointed out the wrong colored grass in her artwork. And Rudy is now seemingly starting to take a nosedive as he went from being pushed to being a major character to also being secondary at best. He hasn't even appeared in the new Season 53 intro, which seems to say a lot as to where their priority is on using Rudy.
That's true it wouldn't surprise me if Rudy ends up joining the other retired characters sometime soon.

80sMuppetFan

Reaction score
I gotta say I am very grateful Rosita is still around after all these years. At the time she was introduced, there were a lot of other new Muppets making their debut as well and she's like the only survivor of the 7 or so season 23 newbies.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I was actually a little worried they’d retire her after the incident at Sesame Place last year, so I’m pretty relieved to see she’s still around.

ACvillagerFan

Reaction score
That's true it wouldn't surprise me if Rudy ends up joining the other retired characters sometime soon.
I don't think he'll be straight up retired. I think he'll still be around in some capacity. Just not like how he was a few years ago, where he was practically being pushed as being one of the main characters. He may end up getting a street story or two focused on him, and maybe become a secoondary character, but he won't be front and center. At least not to the same degree as Tango, Tamir, Gabrielle, and Ji-Young.

WazzupMyBoyz

Reaction score
Sorry to go off-topic, but do you have any predictions for next season?