Sesame Street Season 54 Episode 5402 - The Oct-Dough-pus

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5402 - The Oct-Dough-pus
Max Premiere: Thursday, November 16, 2023

At Hooper's Store, Grover and his octopus friend fill a customer's orders while learning that families all over the world make bread in different ways.

This episode features an all-new street story, Celebrating Me, Celebrating You, Celebrating Us ("Making Tortillas"), Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Eggplants"), and a new Sesame Street Nature Explorers ("Salad").

If you saw "The Oct-Dough-pus" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

eurbane

Reaction score
In this episode, some Penguins got into Nina’s bathtub and Chris helps them how to get home. Grover and the octo-dough-pus help out in the store. They gave Mr Johnson some bread in different countries. Grover did fine until he dropped the other types of bread. Then a girl talks about food, We make baba ghanoush in Cookie Monster’s foodie truck and we learn where eggplant comes from. In a new nature explores segment, Elmo, Gabrielle and Tango play pick your lunch to find foods that grow.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
The only gripe I had with this episode is that the letter F was the letter of the day for two episodes in a row. Not to mention the letter F is the most used letter in any recent season. I have a feeling this is going to be another season that is heavy on the letter F.

Nothing against the letter F, I have no problem with that letter. But it would be nice to give that letter a rest for a while. Perhaps until January or February.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
That’s actually one of the reasons why I’m kinda anticipating the format change (that and no longer having to hear some stupid song about the season’s theme they play in every other episode).

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
What is involved in the format change? And what is the reason for the format change?

If they discontinue letter and number segments, it will likely be done the same way shape, opposite and word segments were discontinued. The show is already no longer must-see TV for me, so it doesn't matter to me anymore. It seems as if Sesame Street is becoming more like Mister Rogers' Neighborhood in terms of format.

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
The other issue I have with the letter of the day, is that they haven't used certain letters since the HBO deal. I can fully understand not featuring letters like Q, X, Y and Z, but I am surprised we haven't seen the letter L during that span of time. That said, if they're not going to showcase every letter of the alphabet, they may as well not use the letter of the day anymore.