1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Sesame Street" song is *WRONG!*

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Janice & Mokey's Man, Jul 15, 2002.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Capt. Crouton

Hey, CaptCrouton, I remember these guys too. Janice & Mokey's Man is right, as you already know, but all characters can be organized quite easily. The book says what number it is, and they were color-coded in different groups. Red, blue, and brown had 7 each, and green had 5, including the review book featuring all the characters. Now my request to you is for your help with the newer characters. Though I may still have some sight left, I unfortunately lost my eye for details. I was hoping you could tell me not only what each new character is known for, hence their letter designation, but what they each look like based on that specialty feature. If the descriptions are too long to place in one post in response to this one, you can go ahead and drop me a line at cyberscare@hotmail.com. Be sure to include "Letter People Descripts" in the subject heading if you decide to send them my way. I also had the records, and I remember my dad recording them individually from record to tape on one entire cassette. I may have to do some digging to see if I still have it, though it's incomplete as there wasn't any tape length for Y and Z. Thanks for your help and have a great night, the Count.
  2. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Did these letter people by any chance look like the AM talking letters on Sesame Street?
  3. Kinda, yeah, but more "humany" lookin'...sorta. lol
  4. Jackie

Jackie New Member

I know you told me about them Byron. I just wanted a more detailed description!!! :)

LETTER PEOPLE! I never saw them but they sound pretty darn cool!
  5. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

Okay, I'm going to try it from memory. Keep in mind that I only know about the Classic Letter People and not the new ones.

Miss A Achoo
    Mr B Bright Beautiful Buttons
    Mr C Cotton Candy
    Mr D Delicious Doughnuts
    Miss E Exercise
    Mr F Funny Feet
    Mr G Gooey Gum
    Mr H Horrible Hair
    Miss I Itchy Itch
    Mr J Jumbled Junk
    Mr K Kicking
    Mr L Lemon Lollipops
    Mr M Munch Mouth
    Mr N Noisy Nose
    Miss O Obstinate
    Mr P Pointy Patches
    Mr Q Quiet
    Mr R Ripping Rubberbands
    Mr S Super Socks (another of my faves)
    Mr T Tall Teeth
    Miss U Umbrella
    Mr V Violet Velvet Vest
    Mr W Winking
    Mr X Mixed Up (It's a weak use of X but the new one is worse
    Mr Y Yawning
    Mr Z Zipping Zippers

In trying to find the ones I couldn't remember, (Mr K, Mr W, and Mr Y) I found a message board for the letter people at
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LetterPeople/

I did at one point have the letter people as my computer wall paper so I had an unfair advantage, for those impressed with my letter people memory. The reason I couldn't remember certain ones was because I thought they all had two word descriptions.

Blessings
    Markus
  6. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

Oh, whoops. I didn't catch that you were ACTUALLY looking for help with the newer ones. I consider them "the enemy" but I'm crossing enemy lines right now. Cover me!
  7. Jackie

Jackie New Member

LOL believe me, i know how evil the newer shows are. I like to stick to the classic stuff myself! :)
  8. Markus, allow me a few korrektions...

Really!

Allow me!

LOL!

:D

Akkording to MYYYYYYY skhool, Mr. B was "Beautiful Buttons" (none of this "bright" krap---LOL :p )

Miss E: E-E-Exersise (the E's are pronounsed like "eh", though)

Mr. M: MunkhING Mouth

Miss U: Upsy-daisy Umbrellas

Mr. V: Velvet Vest (though Violet in front also seems about equal)

and Mr. W is Wonderful Wink.

That's where me and my sister kome from, anyway.

And Mr. S is indeed Super Sokks, I just thought that was funny that that he's your fave...kause Mr. F: Funny Feet is my fave, lol. :D

As for the "two-word deskriptions", here's how we did that:

Mr. K: Kikking K
    Miss O: Obstinate O
    Mr. Q: Quiet Q

Well, you get the point. Exsept Miss A, she was always only "Akhoo!" to us...hmmmmmm...
  9. YES! Newer stuff SUKKS! LOL!

Really!

It does!

I don't even akknowledge these travesties whikh have replased the KLASSIK, REEEEEEEAL Letter People...

Hmph!
  10. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

Ah Byron, you got me again.

Actually I made a typo on Mr M, but you still would've corrected me, because I always sang, "Munchy Mouth" instead of "Munching Mouth." In case you wanted to sing....

I'm Mr M, for Munchy (ing) Mouth
    I'm Mr M, for Munchy (ing) Mouth
    I munch from morning to midnight
    midnight to morning
    Mr M

I stand corrected on the rest, though in my mind, Mr B and Mr V was all that I said. You are probably right.

On Mr W, I got the information on one of the websites I listed. It was one of those forums where all the people are obsessive compulsive about Letter People. Can you imagine, people who hang around the internet talking about a bunch of characters that aren't even real, continually looking back fondly at some bizarre childhood memories. How pathetic. What a waste of life What a...

Oh wait. That's what I do here...
  11. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

Okay Count,

This is what you asked for. Many rebel spies lost their lives for this. These are the new "letter people" (using quotes like Byron would use for Jackie's "boyfriend) I had to pretend I was a school teacher to get this information. Which isn't completely false. I have an assoc. degree in Elem Ed, and I help out in the local first grade.

Ms A Achoo
    Mr B Beautiful Buttons
    Mr C Colossal Cap
    Mr D Dazzling Dance
    Ms E Exercise Energy
    Ms F Funny Feet
    Mr G Gooey Gum
    Mr H Happy Hair
    Mr I Impossible Inches (Don't ask. I don't get it)
    Mr J Jingle Jingle Jacket
    Ms K Kaboom Kick
    Mr L Longest Laugh
    Mr M Munchy Mouth
    Mr N Noisy Nose
    Mr O Opposite
    Ms P Pointy Patches
    Mr Q Quiet Questions
    Mr R Rainbow Ribbons
    Ms S Super Socks
    Ms T Tall Teeth
    Ms U Unusual Umbrella
    Ms V Vegetable Vest
    Ms W Wonderful Words
    Mr X Different (???? No X involved)
    Mr Y Yodeling Yawn
    Mr Z Zipping Zippers

I'm especially interested in the wimpification of Mr R. The other weird thing that you can only see by looking at the pictures, is that you can't tell the gender just by looking at them. It's pretty weirdly androgynous.

Markus
  12. Jackie

Jackie New Member

You people can learn the alphabet by just trying to remember all those freaky letter people!!!
  13. New "Imposters"

And before those "Ms I" and "Ms O", they went through a period of:

Miss I: Inkredible Inventor

and

Miss O: Optimistik O ("obstinate" was felt to not be a good role model for kids, so they changed her to "optimistik").

And I think it's stupid that they made Mr. F a "Ms", kause, hello, guys have bigger feet than girls! For part of that "funny" aspekt.

Stupid "P'SEE'" idgits...

:mad:
  14. Jackie

Jackie New Member

LOL Byron,

You better stop writing with all those K's, you're gonna start writing like that all the time and mess some important documents up or something!! LOL!!!
  15. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

I talked to one of my elementary teachers and she said that the reason they changed it was because all the females had negative attributes

A Achoo
    E Exercise
    I Itchy Itch
    O Obstinate
    U UpsyDaisy Umbrella

While it's clear that Miss A and Miss I had some health issues, I think Miss E for (how did you say that E...e... exercise) is quite a good role model for six year old would be feminists who they're trying to break from Barbies. And I hardly find an Upsy Daisy Umbrella as negative or even personal. Now its unusual instead of Upsy-Daisy.

Of course that was what one lady said.
  16. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Some politically correct things are just ridiculous. Couldn't they just give them more attributes or something? LOL!
  17. crazy ernie

crazy ernie New Member

ELMO didn't pass the ultimate test!

a couple of weeks ago, i watched elmo in grouchland. i stopped it around the begining of the ultimate challenge. elmo made the 100 total at 38 SECONDS