Sesame Street Townhall Xm/Sirius 10/09 - noon Anyone?

capman

Reaction score
Morning,

I should have posted here first so forgive me for being a dummy. I was able to get two tickets for the Sesame Street Live Townhall show that will be on XM/Sirius tomorrow at noon. I asked three people, none of whom were as interested as i am. Now, I would want to take someone who would appreciate this so I am posting here. I think i past the deadline to ask XM , but the first person who says they can go, i can try to get them on the list with me, but no guarantee as they gave me until 2 yesterday. this will be on channel 78 and 109 ( i think) . I will contact u if i can get u in with me and get your info( give me your full name in PM). Here is what is happening:

Congratulations Rob!

We're pleased to confirm your name has been placed on the guest list to attend a very special SiriusXM Town Hall with Sesame Street at SiriusXM Studios. You are invited to bring one guest with you. Click here to provide yourguest's name.

Please submit your most creative and insightful question about Sesame Street and you may get picked to ask your question in person at the event!

If you are unable to attend, please cancel your reservation at least 2 days prior to the event-- this will enable us to extend this opportunity to another subscriber. Click here to cancel your reservation.

Event Details:

Town Hall with Sesame Street
Date: Thursday, October 9, 2014
Check-in: 11:15 AM - 11:30 AM
Event Time: 12:00 - 1:00 PM (approx.)
Rockefeller Center
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York City, NY 10020

As a valued SiriusXM subscriber, you are invited to attend a very special SiriusXM Town Hall with Sesame Street, celebrating the 45th anniversary of the beloved show's debut. Rekindle your childhood memories as the heritage castmembers, writers and producers answer fan questions from an intimate audience of SiriusXM listeners. The Town Hall will include:

» Carroll Spinney (Big Bird and Oscar)
» Eric Jacobson (Grover and Bert)
» Leslie Cararra-Rudolph (Abby Cadabby)
» Joey Mazzarino (head writer and Murray Monster), and more

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Morning,

I should have posted here first so forgive me for being a dummy. I was able to get two tickets for the Sesame Street Live Townhall show that will be on XM/Sirius tomorrow at noon. I asked three people, none of whom were as interested as i am. Now, I would want to take someone who would appreciate this so I am posting here. I think i past the deadline to ask XM , but the first person who says they can go, i can try to get them on the list with me, but no guarantee as they gave me until 2 yesterday. this will be on channel 78 and 109 ( i think) . I will contact u if i can get u in with me and get your info( give me your full name in PM). Here is what is happening:

Congratulations Rob!

We're pleased to confirm your name has been placed on the guest list to attend a very special SiriusXM Town Hall with Sesame Street at SiriusXM Studios. You are invited to bring one guest with you. Click here to provide yourguest's name.

Please submit your most creative and insightful question about Sesame Street and you may get picked to ask your question in person at the event!

If you are unable to attend, please cancel your reservation at least 2 days prior to the event-- this will enable us to extend this opportunity to another subscriber. Click here to cancel your reservation.

Event Details:

Town Hall with Sesame Street
Date: Thursday, October 9, 2014
Check-in: 11:15 AM - 11:30 AM
Event Time: 12:00 - 1:00 PM (approx.)
Rockefeller Center
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York City, NY 10020

As a valued SiriusXM subscriber, you are invited to attend a very special SiriusXM Town Hall with Sesame Street, celebrating the 45th anniversary of the beloved show's debut. Rekindle your childhood memories as the heritage castmembers, writers and producers answer fan questions from an intimate audience of SiriusXM listeners. The Town Hall will include:

» Carroll Spinney (Big Bird and Oscar)
» Eric Jacobson (Grover and Bert)
» Leslie Cararra-Rudolph (Abby Cadabby)
» Joey Mazzarino (head writer and Murray Monster), and more
What channel is it going to be on?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
How was this event?? Were you able to get photos with the performers? Did they bring their characters? I only ask, because I've attended one of the Town Hall events before for Sirius/XM a few years ago and got to ask a question on air to John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John. And afterwards my mom and I were able to get photos with them, and actress Didi Conn (Frenchie from Grease!) who was the moderator of the event!

capman

Reaction score
Hi MelissaY1,

Sorry, I just saw your post. The event was so fun and super cool as the above guest and mentioned, plus, Maria, Luis and Bob were there as well as Carol-Lyne Parente, Exec Producer were all on the panel. There were sadly only about 8 or 10 of us and they only got to four of us to asked pre-planned questions we submitted. Very cool stories about how Sesame has impacted people lives as well as them having the Muppets with them and going in and out of character during the taping. Absolutely no photos or autographs in the XM studio ( outside however :smile:.... It lasted about an hour or so.

Yes, we did get Pro shots done and I will try to add on my profile picture. I am thrilled with mine. Now, I go outside and I am the only one waiting to say hi, take a quick pic , have Carroll sign my picture and thank them. Sonia was a little standoffish ( she was like this at the Moving Image night I saw Joan Ganz Cooney so just a warning, she does not like to be approached), However, Carroll, Leslie and Carol-Lyne were super to meet for me to say hi and thank them.

From what I was told, this will air on Nov 10th, the original date of the first Sesame Street and I think it will be on Channel 78. They will let us know and I will post here. I was thankful to go and sad no one wanted to come with me. But A blast!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hi MelissaY1,

Sorry, I just saw your post. The event was so fun and super cool as the above guest and mentioned, plus, Maria, Luis and Bob were there as well as Carol-Lyne Parente, Exec Producer were all on the panel. There were sadly only about 8 or 10 of us and they only got to four of us to asked pre-planned questions we submitted. Very cool stories about how Sesame has impacted people lives as well as them having the Muppets with them and going in and out of character during the taping. Absolutely no photos or autographs in the XM studio ( outside however :smile:.... It lasted about an hour or so.

Yes, we did get Pro shots done and I will try to add on my profile picture. I am thrilled with mine. Now, I go outside and I am the only one waiting to say hi, take a quick pic , have Carroll sign my picture and thank them. Sonia was a little standoffish ( she was like this at the Moving Image night I saw Joan Ganz Cooney so just a warning, she does not like to be approached), However, Carroll, Leslie and Carol-Lyne were super to meet for me to say hi and thank them.

From what I was told, this will air on Nov 10th, the original date of the first Sesame Street and I think it will be on Channel 78. They will let us know and I will post here. I was thankful to go and sad no one wanted to come with me. But A blast!
Thank you so much for sharing your story! Love the picture, btw! Yeah I agree about Sonia. I've met her a couple of times now and I've gotten the same impression, but I was able to get a photo with her on one of those occasions, so I'm happy :smile:

That's too bad that not everyone got to ask their questions, but I guess they were limited with time? When I met John Travolta and Olivia Newton John at their Town Hall event a couple of years ago, everyone got their question asked so we all had a chance to be on the air (I sound like a very nervous nellie lol)

capman

Reaction score
YEs, it was fun. a thrill. I was not so worried about question since it was really answered during the Q&A and it was fluff anyway. I hope to get over to Lincoln center to see the Sesame exhibit soon. I can't wait until they open the Jim Henson wing at the MOTMA next year!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
YEs, it was fun. a thrill. I was not so worried about question since it was really answered during the Q&A and it was fluff anyway. I hope to get over to Lincoln center to see the Sesame exhibit soon. I can't wait until they open the Jim Henson wing at the MOTMA next year!
Do you have any audio of it? I don't have SiriusXM.

capman

Reaction score
Hey Jazzy,

I gave u wrong info. It has not aired yet. it is airing on Nov. 10th from last i was told. I can try to record and let u know.

Once other little piece of info is that I talked to Caroll and it appears that "I am Big Bird" will hit the theaters next March from what he is told.

R

Last edited: