Sesame Street Tribute Show

jediX

Reaction score
I had a band for a while but still continue to sequence midi and record my own projects... I've done versions of I Don't Want to Live on the Moon and Sweet Vacation (From JHH).

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I tried for YEARS to put a blues/soul band together, and people are either too lazy or too scared to follow their dreams, so it never happened. I wanted to do Can You Picture That? as one of the songs.

Ever sing that song in Rap? It still sounds good!!

jediX

Reaction score
That's the reason my band split up... neither of them cared enough about the project to even learn any songs.

Oh well... technically I don't even NEED a band since I've recorded and entire album playing all the instruments myself (not all at once, lol).

Oh well... too bad nobody on here is in my area...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Did you save it all to CD? I'd love a copy!! :smile: One of my customers brought me a CD he created of himself with music from his keyboard.

jediX

Reaction score
Sorta... it pretty much exists as a collection of mp3s (103, or so) of the stuff I recorded (about 12 tracks), live stuff the actual band did (around 30, 40 tracks), and some experimental junk I did (Such as, uh, am I allowed to use the p-word? Eh, you know what I mean. I made a 70's 'p' groove of the Imperial March entitled "Get Down With the Dark Side" :wink: lol).

I have burned off a copy or two of the stuff I recorded (summer of 2002) along with my favorite things from the rest of the collection. However, the nitpicky perfectionist I am with my work, I am dissatisfied with the quality of those recordings and would like to redo them whenever I feel motivated enough to do so.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
I have actually thought of doing this, but have no way of putting it together. I thought the name "Jazzy Spies" would be a neat band name for this sort of thing! I also realized it would have limited appeal for so much work to be put into it, and I would have a hard time putting together enough people who would even want to do it.
I'd love some group to cover a "Jazzy spies" tune, with the number one. If it were on CD, I bet i could have work on some sort of flash animation tribute to the skit... but since there's no way to, I couldn't!

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I'd love some group to cover a "Jazzy spies" tune, with the number one. If it were on CD, I bet i could have work on some sort of flash animation tribute to the skit... but since there's no way to, I couldn't!
That's actually a cool idea, since there's no number 1. Don't worry...I'll do it eventually...years from now, I imagine...playing most of the instruments myself or roping my friends into it. I'd love to do a whole album of the stuff. I could bet on most of the people here to buy a copy I'm sure!

later
eric

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
jediX said:
I have burned off a copy or two of the stuff I recorded (summer of 2002) along with my favorite things from the rest of the collection. However, the nitpicky perfectionist I am with my work, I am dissatisfied with the quality of those recordings and would like to redo them whenever I feel motivated enough to do so.
I'm that way about old art, but people still want to see it.

I like original sounding stuff. Well, if you decide to break free of a copy of it, let me know! I wanna hear!

jediX

Reaction score
Why would anyone wanna listen to me sing? lol

Besides, it was recorded in a rush on old equipment w/ sub-par synth drums. Oh well, I liked the SW Special Edition, so sue me :wink:

Ps, yay for 1600 posts.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
jediX said:
Why would anyone wanna listen to me sing? lol

Besides, it was recorded in a rush on old equipment w/ sub-par synth drums. Oh well, I liked the SW Special Edition, so sue me :wink:

Ps, yay for 1600 posts.
Hey, Hey!! Watch what you say about synth drums!! My kit is totally electronic! lol! I could actually play it here in the apartment and no one would know!