Sesame Street's 37th season begins August 14

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Another thing I'm somewhat bothered about is the fact Gina's not married and becomeing a mom. Now I won't nessecarly say that it's totally bad that she's becomming an unmarried mom but these days i've often heard some say that the role of fathers is underestimated by many and this seems like an attempt to idolize it.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Mike--at least Gina is adopting the kid, not pregnant with it. (I've never seen her in love with a steady boyfriend, let alone a husband...so Gina seems more like a would-be Supermom than a tramp IMO.)

ISNorden

Reaction score
Cherrymoon said:
I dislike the idea of moving away from letters and numbers.
That is what Sesame Street is for.
Sesamstrasse is so far away from numbers and letters, I don't make a point to watch.
Sesame Street was intended to teach both academic lessons (letters, numbers, shapes, rhyming...) and social lessons (family, sharing, emotions...) from Day One. As long as the show makes room for both, Sesame Workshop is doing the right thing.

Cherrymoon

Reaction score
ISNorden said:
Sesame Street was intended to teach both academic lessons (letters, numbers, shapes, rhyming...) and social lessons (family, sharing, emotions...) from Day One. As long as the show makes room for both, Sesame Workshop is doing the right thing.
That is fine, but they said "not so much ABCs and 123s".
They have been dealing with it equally, but if you move away from one and move closer to another it is not equal any more.

dinoboy

Reaction score
Sesame Street's New Season thoughts

Hmmmmm, Gina adopting a baby, will it be a boy or a girl? Do you even think that she knows how to care for a baby? I often found it hard to cope with the Elmo's world segments, except when he talks about families, and bells.
And the Journey to Ernie is ok, but it's pretty much been the same. However I did enjoy the scene where you heard Big Bird doing his "BPLH BPLH BPLH" sound as he sleeps in his nest. It does cut out the 30 minutes that the show used to air. Now to make the show more interesting, there should be a restruant, where the people would have to line up and look at the lit up menus on display. And the restruant would have a special on foods that would begin with a letter of the day. i.e. "Todays Special is the letter B, so today we're serving foods that begin with the letter B, like Bagels, Beans, Bacon, Bananas, Broccoli."
And Maybe they should have more of an interactive thing, so kids won't just sit on the couch and watch the show, they would learn by doing. Even if the muppets or people ask kids watching the tv show a question, they won't hear what the kids say, but they just assume what the kids say and get their answers that way.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty sure gina is around that age,because I think she was a teen when she started on there,in the mid 80's.Oh, Kimp I'm sorry about how that other Sesame Street thread ended.

Valentine

Reaction score
I've heard rumors elsewhere...which seem a little off for a childrens show...that Bert and Ernie are becoming partners...I wasn't going to mention this but seeing as the same person who told me this rumor also mentioned that Cookie Monster is going to start eating healthier...I decided to mention it

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um Valentine... Disregard that rumor please. Just nothing more than the usual sick inuendo everyone who doesn't fully understand the dynamics of a classic character duo slings their way.