"Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary Celebration" special to air November 9 on HBO and November 17 on PBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
yeah, I haven't seen her in any behind the scenes photos so I doubt it

Oscarfan

Reaction score
In the last three years, there has been a Julia-focused episode that's aired on PBS around the same time as the original HBO premier, unlike the other new episodes. I wonder if she'll be the focus of the special.
Focus? No. In it? Yes.

datman24

Reaction score
Do you really think the special's only going to focus on one specific character? It's a special about the show's 50th anniversary...
Well, the last two anniversary specials did focus on one specific character. That being Elmo, of course.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Well, the last two anniversary specials did focus on one specific character. That being Elmo, of course.
Yeah, true enough. Though considering he was the show's mascot by that point, it doesn't surprise me nowadays. Julia's not used on a regular basis, so it would be sort of odd if she was the focus of a big anniversary special.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do you really think the special's only going to focus on one specific character? It's a special about the show's 50th anniversary...
No. But as she is a newer character, there's a lot about the shows past she doesn't know. Other characters can inform her of the shows history. And it'd be more appropriate for her to learn of the Sesame Street before she was born (or whatever) than it was for Elmo in The Street We Live On.

chudman1000

Reaction score
And it'd be more appropriate for her to learn of the Sesame Street before she was born (or whatever) than it was for Elmo in The Street We Live On.
Yeah that was always a weird concept: Elmo being shown Sesame Street from before he was born, yet when he was shown Maria and Luis' wedding, you could literally see him in the clip as the ring bearer.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah that was always a weird concept: Elmo being shown Sesame Street from before he was born, yet when he was shown Maria and Luis' wedding, you could literally see him in the clip as the ring bearer.
That's what the nerd should've been pestering Guy about at Comic-Con.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
pretty much all of the things Elmo saw (with the exception of Mr Hooper) took place when he was around and when Mr Hooper was around there was Brian Muehl's Elmo

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Nice to see Leela and find out that Roscoe is there.
With Roscoe/Gordon that's not surprising, since he's been a staple on the street ever since his Matt Robinson days, but interesting that Leela will make an appearance since we haven't seen her of late outside of repeat episodes. I can't wait to see this special.

pretty much all of the things Elmo saw (with the exception of Mr Hooper) took place when he was around and when Mr Hooper was around there was Brian Muehl's Elmo
They should reference that. It would be nice to hear the Elmo of today meet some of the early Elmo's (Brian's, Richard's, etc.) with an explanation that maybe there were his ancestors or something. :smile:

I do disagree with one thing though. I think although Sonia is retired, she can at least make a come back for this special, same with Ruth Buzzi for that matter. After, all Bob Barker made guest appearances on The Price Is Right after he retired. I know Casey Kasem came out of retirement to voice Shaggy's dad on a few eps of Mystery, Inc. As J.P. from Angels in the Outfield would say, "It could happen."

Status
Not open for further replies.