Sesame Street's talkin' 'bout prison

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Wow. That is one serious topic. Sesame is handling that really well.

I actually can kind-of relate to the topic, since I have a distant cousin who is actually in jail for fraud. (Kind of like a mini-Bernie Madoff.)
I was much older of course, but boy, were things weird in the family that time-period.

Sesame has regained my respect (not that they ever lost it) with these videos.

Who's the new character? (New performer as well?)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Probably another one-shot character they use for specials like these (like the girl Leslie played in that special about food banks).

Alex's performer sounds familiar, but I can't place my finger on it... you know it's sad when you reach a certain point when you can't exactly figure out who's performing which character anymore... I used to be so good at picking them out ("Oh, that sounds like Marty", "Is that possibly Joey?", "That's definitely Stephanie", etc.), but now it's like I have no idea anymore. Especially when some performers, like Matt for example, have really wide vocal ranges, thus having a more versatile repertoire of voices.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Uh..... awkward....

Very VERY awkward.

I feel the need to laugh inappropriately out of context.

I know what they're doing, I know what they're trying to accomplish, but... it's hard to take this seriously when Sesame Street's convicted felons consist of a guy selling bootleg letters on the street and his co-conspirator stealing golden "An"s....

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I thought that was very well done actually. I liked that it turned out the human cast member also had a relative in jail. Above all, kids need to know they aren't alone and that there are always other people who will understand what they're going through.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh yeah. it definitely avoids Narm as greatly as possible, and they are fulfilling their promise to help children in any situation.

Just...

It's hard not to be a complete jerk and guess what the father Muppet did to get arrested in the first place. That seems like a very Robot Chicken-y area of the mind could go to some pretty dark comedic places.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's hard not to be a complete jerk and guess what the father Muppet did to get arrested in the first place. That seems like a very Robot Chicken-y area of the mind could go to some pretty dark comedic places.
Well it doesn't have to be worst case scenario, lol. People go to jail for a lot of reasons.