Sesame Workshop Library to be Digitally Preserved

Whatever

Reaction score
Wow, a lot of people on here would go mad with joy if they could watch all of the old Sesame Street episode online! My guess is that it will only be available to people who work for Sesame, though.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Now, if only that drive would fit in my iPod, I could carry the entire run of Sesame Street around with me wherever I go!!

Jessica

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Now, if only that drive would fit in my iPod, I could carry the entire run of Sesame Street around with me wherever I go!!
Haha! Yeah. Maybe if we bought 35+ iPods it would all fit.

ssetta

Reaction score
It IS only for people who work for the company. It's a shame, I know. Some of you may not believe this, but at the Workshop, they have this computer program called "Rosita", which is basically a list of all the segments that SS has ever created, and all the shows that they have ever appeared in. They even have a list of all the episodes, and the sketches that were all in them. The system is now on the Internet, but unfortunately, you can only access the website if you work for the company. Personally, I don't think that information is confidential, I think that it should be available online for all to see. I mean, what's so confidential about it? All they have to do is unlock that password!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... I mean, what's the point if it's for their eyes only? What do they plan on doing with it, anyway.

Maybe someone could hack in and see them for themselves.... not that I would. All I can do with computers is type and animate in Flash..... not that I condone the use of breaking in.....

dvakman

Reaction score
You're meaning to tell me that all of the SS episodes will be available on the internet, but we won't be able to view them???

OK, we need either:

a. One of us to get a job at Sesame Workshop
b. One of us to befriend someone who works there

Folks, we've got work to do.

Let's get to it.

dvakman

Reaction score
Quote from archive worker in the above discussion regarding preservation and the Noggin/Unpaved factor:

"There were in fact 2 projects. They were started at the same time.
The actual preservation project of the entire 30 years content was done by VidiPax and was scheduled to be done in 9 months and would have been done in that time except for the fact that another channel was launched (Noggin) and the schedule of preservation was revised as tapes were shipped to the new channel at the customer's (Sesame Workshop's) request."

My more general question (after reading the articles) is that if the street segments are not meant to be used again (unlike the insert segments), why are they being preserved? Why are all the old episodes being preserved intactly, rather than just the individual segments? Maybe there is a small possibility (however remote) that these eps might still be made available in some way. Does anyone want to find out the addresses of those storage libraries? :confused: