1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Sesame Workshop Sues STX Films over Happytime Murders Trailer

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by Pig's Laundry, May 25, 2018.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

2. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

^Eh, that's kind of nonsense, and more than a little insulting to the Henson Co. Like I said, I'm not a fan of what this movie seems to be, but it's not like they said "From the makers of Sesame Street."

Zappetman and ConsummateVs like this.
  3. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Well-Known Member

I called this would happen when they used the tag line of “No Sesame and All Street. “

Honestly the fact that they mention the previous Muppet films in the trailer maybe a bit problematic given how Disney uses the Muppets these days.

4. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  5. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Well-Known Member

6. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

But they DIDN'T take those words away.

MrBloogarFoobly and BlakeConor14 like this.
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Sesame Workshop suing over something created by The Jim Henson Company? This is some deep, post-modern shitaki mushroom.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2018
    Zappetman likes this.
  8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well who knew this day was sure to come Sesame going up aginst the Jim Henson Company, who still helps them with Muppet building and such. I would have possibly expected Sesame and Disney to butt heads from time to time, but never fight with Henson. I am also surprised that Henson has not been mentioned since they are the ones producing the movie.

Also someone correct me if I'm wrong but don't a lot of the puppeteers whow are in the movie also work on Sesame?

Zappetman likes this.
  9. D'Snowth

Probably because it's not Henson they're suing, but rather, the promotional company putting out the trailers and what have you that use the tagline, "No Sesame. All Street."

As for Sesame puppeteers, I'm not sure, but I think I read Kevin Clash may have performed in this, but I think it's mostly the JHC Henson Alternative puppeteers who performed in this.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  10. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I think they are suing STX Films rather than the Henson Company

11. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Well-Known Member

Just to make things easier and to bypass the censors, here's a shortened link to the article. Still be aware that all of this is surrounding an R-rated movie, so no peeking, minors! Or do, I'm not the boss of you. In fact maybe it would be best to inform yourself here that Happytime Murders has nothing at all to do with Sesame Street.

https://bit.ly/2LwFTXo

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  12. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Why do I feel like this is going to end up ruining future releases for Kermit the frog skits?

13. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Why do you say that? As far as I can tell I don't see how this would effect Disney or Sesame's relationship with Kermit in any way.

Zappetman and ConsummateVs like this.
  14. LittleJerry92

If the workshop has this going on with the Henson company, it just makes me nervous if this could take away the privilege of them being allowed to release Kermit skits on DVD and online.

15. D'Snowth

But why? Kermit's owned by Disney, and Disney isn't involved in this.

16. LittleJerry92

Well, the Henson company is a part of Disney, isn't it?

17. D'Snowth

No. Disney just owns the Classic Muppets (as in the TMS characters).

Zappetman likes this.
  18. LittleJerry92

Oh.... Whoops.

:o

19. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

:p

20. LittleJerry92

Ooooof course. :rolleyes: :p