1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Workshop unveils plans for Season 37

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here's the official press release from Sesame Workshop on season 37. Let us know what you think about the upcoming new episodes that begin in August.

2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

That sounds Sesamerific!
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yeah... Looking forward to the parodies and all the new characters I'll get to count up.
    The synopsis of the Outrageous Makeover segment made me truly laugh.
    And the new Dinner Theater segment... Why couldn't they bring back Monsterpiece Theater with Alistair Cookie instead?
    BTW: Will there be new EW and ATG segments also?

And will the Letter of the Day be done with new game show styled segments, or will they just resort to the same segments since Season 33-34? Ditto for the Number of the Day with the new version of the Song of (Insert Number Here) and the Count and Countess's song?
    And what happened to the proposed episode where Gina would adopt a baby, has that been nixed?

One last thing, is it "A-B-B-A" or "A-B-B-Y" Caddaby?
    Seen it both ways here on the boards.
    Thanks for the new info Phillip. Can't wait till 8/14.
  4. Dantagon

Dantagon New Member

Sounds cool! And I think the "Dinner Theatre" is there to help promote healthy eating and family dinners (which don't last in the teen years). I remember Alister Cookie, gosh I miss thoses.

I kind of worry about this Abby Caddaby girl. It is great that a new girl gets added in, but how she acts worries me a little. Sure she will help connect with the younger girls, it is the magic thing that worries me. It makes me think of Harry Potter, only in the idea of people against it, not for it. I'm not against it, of course. I just worry about how the parents will react. Some people are just insane though, so I am sure there will be at least one or two adults against her. I do hope not, and I hope that she does a great job in her starting role!
  5. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I Hope and pray my first thought on this Abby Cadabby are not what I think they will be I smell a Jar Jar Binks *puts pin on nose*lol
    So everything else sounds fun I look forward to watching!
    So I have a few questions though..
    does this mean no more freaking annoying Elmo's world omg I pray to go they stop it if there is any God in Heaven they will lol.
    Also is this the end of the counts number of the day?
    Cookie and Dawns Letter of the day?
    as well as the Annoying Journey To Ernie?
    I can all hope so except the count that was nice especially the ones with the countess! :)
  6. The Count

Well... There was a Harry Potter Muppet, or so I've been told in the SS home video release A Magical Halloween Adventure.
    Hope this helps.
  7. rowlf84

rowlf84 New Member

It's A-B-B-Y. And yes, of course there are more EW segments.
  8. The Count

Thanks Rowlf84. Will make a note of it when adding the characters. Not sure if the Season 37 gang will make it to ML 16.0. Depends if they break up the season, but even if they do it'd all be shown within the year of 2006 so it should all be there. We'll see what happens.

And one last thing... The Fix-It-Shop will make its deserved return as part of the street this year!
  9. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Well since it doesn't it say anything about those segments being eliminated then obviously the answer is no.
  10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Since this season will focus on starting school, then now would be a good time to release Getting Ready for School on DVD (and maybe also release the unrelated album of the same title on CD). Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if a new DVD about school were released.

Hmmm... I wonder if this season will feature the Sesame Street News skits about The First Day of Kindergarden or The First Day of School in History..... I hope they get shown, but then again, there are a lot of health-related segments with Kermit that I was hoping would be shown last season, and none of them were shown. This season would also be a good one to feature The Count's song The First Day of School. Maybe if the Number of the Day is One (since One is the first number). Of course, knowing the show, this song probably has a better chance at getting remade than reaired.
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

So, ugh, what about changing the Mail-It-Shop back to the Fix-It-Shop?
  12. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Mason-Dixon Polling and Research? Wonder where they draw the "line?"

WOCKA WOCKA!!
  13. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I thought it's been discussed before they no longer use Kermit on SS for whatever the issue is with Disiney?

Also where did it say the Fix It Shop was returing.
  14. The Count

The forum member known as Rowlf84, who was allowed access to the set when they were filming Season 37 reported it back in February of 2006.
  15. RyGuy

RyGuy New Member

f

How about a segment about a school fire drill . Elmo could be scared to go to school after hearing about a fire drill a Storybook school the next t day. He could be afraid of a the fire alarmamd he could tell Gina about it. Gina could say : "Elmo, fire drills can be spooky but they help keeps boys, girls and monster safe just like shots keep us healthy I'm sure the teacher will make sure your okay. "Elmo could ask if the fire drill would hurt , like a shot Gina could say "Well, it will be a loud buzz and it will hurt your ears for a second , but the important thing is calm down and remember it's just a drill . Drill means practice . "

This would be the first-ever fire drill segement on SS . This is way overdue
  16. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well, Elmo doesn't go to school because he's three and a half.
  17. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

lol is he really!!!??? wow he sure seems to know allot and talk allot for a 3 year old.
  18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

That's how they are, man. Nobody knows where they get this stuff from.
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

>>As always, the new episodes will include segments featuring well-known celebrity guests including Academy Award winner, Jamie Foxx; Grammy Award winner, John Legend; Today host Matt Lauer; comedienne Amy Sedaris; and Grey’s Anatomy star T.R. Knight. In addition, Sesame Street will continue to explore the world of pop culture through original parodies such as: “Law & Order: Special Letters Unit M;” “Scramalot;” “The Breakfast Club;” “Survivor: Musical Chairs,” featuring a Jeff Probst look-alike Muppet; and “Outrageous Makeover: Home Edition,” in which Grover takes on the role of Ty Pennington and finds, after adding a few doors and then subtracting some, he and his crew have no way of getting out of their newly renovated room.

Sesame Street will take on some of the best known films and musicals in a new parody segment designed to model and reinforce the importance of family meal time called “Dinner Theatre.” This season’s parodies include Man of La Muncha, Veg Side Story, and Guess What We’re Having for Dinner.<<

Parodies, boy! It's all about the parodies. I'd Kill to see an episode where the count watches his favorite show, One Piece, about pirates unearthing a treasure... a golden Number One.

I just hope Scramalot is a parody of Camelot and not Spamalot, since the one thing that hurts my brain is a parody of a parody.

I especially like seeing "The Breakfast Club" in there. While most of the satires are pretty current, it's fun to see one from the 80's.
  20. The Count

Yes... And he'd be watching 1 Piece on the special Saturday (Bat-urday) night block known as 2-Nami.
    But wasn't this joke done with a human character named Pirate Edna? My memory's a bit fuzzy, but she and some of the kids and BB were searching for pieces of eight, which is synonomous for pirate treasure... But they ended up finding pieces of a golden 8, which they assembled on the cobblestoned ground of the arbor area in front of the carriage house.