1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame's Dr. Phil parody to premiere February 20

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by annegirl, Feb 15, 2004.

1. annegirl

annegirl New Member

Just got my Dr. Phil weekly guide, and the muppets are supposed to be on Fri. Feb. 20th ....... sure hope so! :excited:
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here's what his Web site has to say...

http://www.drphil.com

The new Sesame character "Dr. Feel" is one of several new parody characters that will be in season 35. This is from last month's announcement about the new season.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/011304.shtml
  3. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I know I'm an ignoramus, but who is Dr Phil?
  4. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

You're better off not knowing.

*Whinces in anticipation of being pelted with vegtables by angry Dr. Phil fans.

Actually, he's a psychologist from Texas who got "bored" with his regular practice, became a jury consultant, helped Oprah win a lawsuit, became a guest on her show and now he's got his own show. He's extremely popular but most doctors are extremely critical of his methods, and rightly so. I don't agree with his approach, but he's definately entertaining.

`Ya got love anybody who has his own Muppet! :)
  5. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

So the SS muppets will be on Dr. Phil Feb 20?
  6. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

Dr.Phil is a boring talk show.
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I think his hard-hitting "truths" about people when he's 'helping' them is kinda harsh, but sometimes folks thinks it's the best way of dealing with problems. I suppose that it's better than asking over and over again, "So, how does that make you feel? Mm-hmm, and how does THAT make you feel? Mm-hmm. How do you feel about that? Mm-hmm." I hate therapists who do that! Dr. Phil is also egotistical nowadays it seems to me, but I might be wrong.
  8. Phillip

Yep. Should be an interesting pairing to say the least.
  9. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

Wow.This sounds great!

Is there a picture of Dr.Feel anywhere?
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

NUTS!!! He enjoyed it! It's always a bad sign when the real person likes the parody... j/k :halo:
  11. Green Ranger

Green Ranger New Member

Woah. SS Muppets on Dr. Phil?! Hope he doesn't give them bad advice. :eek:
  12. vetters

vetters New Member

Maybe Dr. Phil is the one who told them to sell themselves to Disney. :o
  13. muppet maniac

---------
    NUTS!!! He enjoyed it! It's always a bad sign when the real person likes the parody... j/k
    ----------
    I know.I saw that too.Who's performing Dr.Feel?
  14. Pino

Pino Member

Thats on my birthday!!!!
  15. muppet maniac

There was a clip of Dr.Phil with Dr.Feel on Entertainment Tonight.Saw it a few minutes ago.
  16. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I checked the TV listings for the show today and they didn't say anything about the Sesame Street Muppets. I'm hoping that's just an oversight on the website. I was really mad when I taped "The Other Half" thinking Kermit would be on it, yet he never showed up. I hope we don't have this situation again.
  17. Phillip

18. bacon

bacon New Member

i just saw the episode of dr. phil. It was cool. Elmo was giving kisses to all the little kids, dr. feel was acting like dr. phil, and big bird was intimidating everyone with his size.
  19. muppet maniac

The episode will come on at 3:00pm here.So I am waiting.....
  20. FigmentGonzo

FigmentGonzo New Member

Who was the voice

Dr. Feel sounded so familiar! Was it indeed Steve doing the voice?

Jessica