Seven Years Later: Disney buys Muppets and Bear

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
However, the movie's going to be here before you know it... sure, they just finished filming not even a month ago and the players deserve a nice rest (unless they're working on Sesame Street stuff), but once their vacation is over, it's time to round them back up, make more virals, and promote the heck out of the movie and the brand.
Think of it this way... 3 of the 5 main Muppet performers (Steve, Dave, Bill, Eric, and Matt Vogel) are tied down with Sesame responsibilities at the moment... and Sesame finishes filming in May so I would imagine that almost immediately after that we'll see them return to Los Angeles to film and film and film the heck out of bonus material, promotional things, and an unbelievable amount of other stuff. I would think it's a fairly safe bet that all of the teaser trailers have already been filmed... the Mouse House is just waiting to give the trailer a proper release alongside a guaranteed blockbuster such as Cars 2 or Pirates.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've noticed a decline in activity of those performers in recent years due to Muppet projects. Steve was only available for one skit this year, and it was an Ernie song. Eric's characters (mostly Grover) made a lot of insert segments, but significantly less as far as the main stories went. I've noticed Joey, Marty, Carol, Kevin, Fran, and Leslie (and some others) basically holding up with their characters this year... I wonder what they were busy with.

I hope that those guys make it back to Sesame Street this next season.. they're the characters we want to see most.

And yes, I hope you're right about when SS is done, they film some new special stuff like new Virals and videos from their own site.

In the mean time, I don't understand why Disney just doesn't take some of the Muppets.com stuff and release it to youtube, like they did a couple Halloweens ago.