Sgt. Floyd Pepper

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Okay, I've heard him be addressed as Floyd, of course, on the Muppet Show and movies and whatever. I've heard him be called Floyd Pepper on one episode of the Muppet Show. But I just realized, I have never heard anyone, Muppet or guest star, refer to him by his full name. Does anyone know when he was ever referred to as Sgt. Floyd Pepper,and who said it?

I have absolutely no reason for wanting to know this other than curiosity. And avoidance of homework.

And since this topic is about a specific Muppet, I must put in the obligatory respective Muppet emoticon.
:sing:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
HeraLirambar said:
Okay, I've heard him be addressed as Floyd, of course, on the Muppet Show and movies and whatever. I've heard him be called Floyd Pepper on one episode of the Muppet Show. But I just realized, I have never heard anyone, Muppet or guest star, refer to him by his full name. Does anyone know when he was ever referred to as Sgt. Floyd Pepper,and who said it?

I have absolutely no reason for wanting to know this other than curiosity. And avoidance of homework.

And since this topic is about a specific Muppet, I must put in the obligatory respective Muppet emoticon.
:sing:
I think its based on Sgt.Peppers.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Found this on a site.I always thought the Beatles Sgt. Pepper as well.

Namesake: While an obvious reference to the Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album carries over into Floyd's wardrobe, he doesn't seem to be modeled after any particular person. Floyd is of course, pink, a la the English band of The Wall fame.

teebs

Reaction score
I've never heard anyone address him as Sgt. either. The only reference to his service days, as far as I've heard, is in Rocky Mountain Holiday, when, commenting on the smell emanating from Piggy's letter, he says, "I haven't smelled anything like that since I was stationed in Marseilles."