Shalom Sesame Coming to DVD!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I see that Sesame Workshop is up to their old tricks again. This is going to be released in one 5 disk box set or 5 seperate disks. I feel they could have condensed them into one or two disks. but I guess there's some marketing involved with that.

It would be great if it had an all English bonus track for the dubbed skits they ued, since there was a lot of really old, classic stuff on them. Plus if they had bonus clips of the newer episodes of Sesame Stories produced since.

BTW, these will indeed be a US release.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Man, the Muppets are gonna clean my wallet out! :embarrassed:

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
wow... i tjought the only sesame street character that knew another language was rosita!

ISNorden

Reaction score
Several years ago, I remember the local PBS station airing "Shalom Sesame" in honor of Israel's 40th anniversary as an independent country. (At least that seemed like the reason, judging by stories in the "World" section of the paper.) It felt a bit strange when I saw a giant porcupine character, a new alphabet, and a lot of blue-ribbon classic clips dubbed into Hebrew...:confused: It's a shame that there's no American market for the Swedish version of Sesame Street; if the situation were different, I'd borrow a DVD player and buy the discs as soon as possible.

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
the only channel that shows sesame street is a local channel... we need to EXPAND!!!