"Shifty-Eyed Sam" in Series 8

Reaction score
Anyone else excited about the "Shifty-Eyed" Sam the Eagle variant in the upcoming Muppets Series 8? I realize the sclupt and the paint scheme (as far as Sam himself is concerned) aren't going to differ much from the signature Sam, but as a fan of Sam the Eagle I'm really looking forward to this release. I loved the MTI Samuel Arrow figure and from the pictures Palisades has released, I think I'm going to like the 'naked' and variant versions in 8 just as much.

jediX

Reaction score
An even cooler idea, which I don't know how they could have pulled off without adding annoying levers or buttons, would have been builtin shifty eyes. Oh well, works fine as a repaint anyway.

Reaction score
Built-in shifty eyes would have been a cool idea! But you're right, it would have been hard to do without one of those little plastic levers or switches cut into the back of Sam's head.

Equity Marketing did that in the most recent release of Scooby Doo figures - the gang is packaged together with a Scooby figure whose eyes "pop out" like he's scared when you move a little slider in the back of his head. As a Scooby fan I thought it was cool to have that option, but as a collector it was a bit distracting.

jediX

Reaction score
Yeah, that's my complaint to Hasbro's recent "action feature" Star Wars figures. I miss the day of figures without annoying action moves.

WiGgY

Reaction score
CLARKtoys Chris said:
Anyone else excited about the "Shifty-Eyed" Sam the Eagle variant in the upcoming Muppets Series 8? I realize the sclupt and the paint scheme (as far as Sam himself is concerned) aren't going to differ much from the signature Sam, but as a fan of Sam the Eagle I'm really looking forward to this release. I loved the MTI Samuel Arrow figure and from the pictures Palisades has released, I think I'm going to like the 'naked' and variant versions in 8 just as much.
It would be cooler if your site didn't charge twice as much for a shifty eyed Sam. Non-collector friendly thief.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I didn't think I'd be looking forward to the shifty eyed Sam, but he looks pretty darn cool....very distinctive, nice easy variant for ol' Sammy.

:attitude: He hates to be called Sammy.

And Wiggy, supply and demand, dude--if people are willing to pay that, they'll sell. If not, then Clark Toys ends up with a bunch of toys that don't sell.

Irving Bizarre

Reaction score
well it could be hellish like Toybiz's Lord of the rings figures where the levers are absolutely huge and totally obtrusive and not even painted to match the paint job of the figure. I absolutely detest action features with butons and levers. always jerky and obtrusive and never ever work the way they're advertised as doing. just completely ruins a figure. However, with sam's eyes, it would have been possible to have his head turning activate the eyes moving too. when his head turned so far it would pull a little internal lever to make the eyes go too. and the activation could be set to just a small movemnent so you didn't have to turn his head through 180 degrees to get his eyes to move lol

all things are possible to do if there's budget and time and enough imagination and thinking time. I get the feeling that a lot of guys working for toy companies don't have much imagination though. Glad Pallisades do. Thank god they haven't been swallowed by a conglomerate yet.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Sam has a ball jointed neck, so I guess that prevented an internal thing. I think the ball joint is better. I have the series 8 Sam next to me right now. Very cool.